Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about masters module registration and core modules

Options
  • 05-09-2014 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I'm starting a taught science masters at the moment and I just have quick question about module registration. Basically, I did my undergrad in UCD and in my final year I took an option module which just so happened to be a core module in the masters degree programme I'm starting now, so I can't take that module again. In the online module registration I can't choose more than two option modules so I can't choose an extra module and now I'm stuck just below the full credit requirement of 90 credits.

Did anyone here have any similar problem before? Did they allow you to choose an extra option module to make up the credit requirements.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Have you gone into the School office to see what they advise?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

That's strange since all students are automatically registered to any core modules for a programme. They'd have to go in physically and dereg previous Students individually from that module. Have you emailed the contact in the school?
    Have they told you specifically you can't do the module?

Advertisement