Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Watch Dogs Traced trophy ?

Options
  • 05-09-2014 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

I have been trying to get the hidden trophy in watchdogs called Traced - Get tailed 5 times but no luck.

I have been invaded tons of times but its always hacking and I can't figure out what I need to do to get the traced trophy. I ran around hacking everyone phone and that usually triggers an invasion of the hacking kind pretty quickly. I tried doing tailing but never get tailed after.

Any ideas ? Can you boost with friends ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

This is where I go with my trophy problems most of the time.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/watch-dogs-ps4/guide/
    This requires you to get tailed 5 times by other players. Unfortunately you are at the mercy of Ubisoft servers for this and there's little you can do. You have to hope when another player as selected Online Tailing that they get put in your game. There is no notification as to when you are being tailed unless you profile the person who is tailing you. There is also no way to track how many times you've been tailed, unless you look at your players met list on your PlayStation system and spot a tailing that you didn't initiate yourself.

If you find yourself not being able to get able to receive any, there is a way to fix it (if you want to call it that). You have to turn off online invasions and reset your notoriety and go back to free roam and then go back in and turn it on again. The downside to this is that you will lose all your acquired skills and progress towards them. Once you get your trophy, build it back up and have fun online.

In free roam, go into options and then online and disable "Online Invasions".
    Go back to the game so you see the white emblem on the left side of the screen notifying you that the game is saving.
    Go back to "Online Invasions" and switch it back on.
    Go back to free roam and do nothing for about 10-20 minutes and then check your recent players met to see if anyone has joined you. If you're good enough, you will be able to spot people coming into your game. If you spot someone suspicious, try pausing the game and if the background is moving on the pause screen, someone is in your game. Also, if someone is in your game, you will not be able to accept new missions or fast travel and will see the silver profile saving icon after a successful tail by another fixer.
    I did the above method each time someone had tailed me. Do not have your phone out profiling anyone! Credit to G4MERZLIFE for confirming the Steps.

A couple quick points. If you look at your players met list and see someone did a tail on you, it doesn't mean they successfully tailed you. All it means is that they selected Online Tailing from the menu and entered your game. They could have quit out right away. Also, if you see a player within the past 10 minutes, don't do anything like turn off/on online invasions in the options menu or shut off the game. They could still be trying to tail you, give them time.

As long as the other player profiles you and starts the observe process, it doesn't matter if you spot him and kill him. Just as long as the observation process began.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Thanks, I tried switching on and off 'Online Invasions' but but no luck.. I will try it again tomorrow by going to free roam.

I can't get free radical either, I escaped from the police on several occasions with 5 red boxes flashing but no trophy. Must be a bug ?

If I loaded up watch dogs in free roam mode and left it there online for the day would I get traced ?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

aindriu80 wrote: »
    If I loaded up watch dogs in free roam mode and left it there online for the day would I get traced ?

If you need a hand add me The-Joker-Beyond

If you need a hand add me The-Joker-Beyond

hi,

I sent you a friends request there. It shouldn't be too hard to boost. I did another escape from a level 5 police chase with still no trophy. It must be a bug.

• Advertisement

hi,

I sent you a friends request there. It shouldn't be too hard to boost. I did another escape from a level 5 police chase with still no trophy. It must be a bug.

Just seen it now I will be on in a minute

Thanks very much:)

Just one trophy - free radical - left but I think its glitched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

thank god i platimuned this game the week it came out. trophy's like this for online really bug me especially as they become harder to do the longer a games been out.

Developers need to be banned from putting in daft online trophys that are too luck based or out of your control as well as super hard grind ones. For example the fact insomniac required 12,000 online kills for a gold trophy put me off that game. Got to about 2k and then moved onto another game.

It was a pain.

I still have to get Free Radical - the one where you escape from the level 5 police scan. I have done it countless times but the trophy won't pop. I was thinking of starting a new game - do you think it would work that way ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Try deleting game data and re-installing.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Try deleting game data and re-installing.

Would that effect the trophies I got already ? Its PS4 and not like PS3 where you could copy game data to USB and reinstall it if things didn't work out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Would that effect the trophies I got already ? Its PS4 and not like PS3 where you could copy game data to USB and reinstall it if things didn't work out.

You can't delete trophies. :confused:

Go to system storage management, applications, Watch Dogs, press options and delete.

Put disk in and relaunch game.
    It will re-install the data.

You don't need a USB stick - why wouldn't it work out?
    It will be just like starting the game all over again, but with your saves already there.

F1ngers wrote: »
    You can't delete trophies. :confused:

Go to system storage management, applications, Watch Dogs, press options and delete.

Put disk in and relaunch game.
    It will re-install the data.

You don't need a USB stick - why wouldn't it work out?
    It will be just like starting the game all over again, but with your saves already there.

I did that and escaped from a police scan level 5 and Free Radical still wont pop.

The only other thing I can think of is when the PSN got DDOS attacked a few weeks back people were reporting that the Watch dogs trophies did`n nt pop for them.

I've started a new game but its really hard to get away from the cops at level 5. I went to the nearest gun store bought a gun, got 5 red stars but the police chase afterwards is pretty hectic and I can't get rid of the helicopter. I don't want to spend ages playing the game again to upgrade

I just escaped from a level 5 police scan there in a new game. I got XP and a progress point but no trophy. :S

Its ok,, i just got it. Thanks for all the help !

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭dasilverfox

only trophy I need is social lubricant for the platinum. I can't get it. I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jackdalad23

Can anyone please help me. Only have 1 song to get. Have been profiling people for 2 hours and using the song app in all the shops. Still cant get it. Any tips ??

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jackdalad23

Got it. Anyway would appreciate some help with Tailing trophy. Please feel free to add me on PSN.

jackdalad23

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

only trophy I need is social lubricant for the platinum. I can't get it. I give up.

That was a bitch until they patched the game and made it easier. The guy up in the top left corner is the hardest of the three.

Advertisement