Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would you change about Boards?

15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

You'd miss the OP around the place... :(

Firstly, i understand boards is run as a commercial enterprise, if someone paid once, it would be wise to keep them sweet to try and get another payment from them

Secondly, why would anyone pay money and not use what they paid for, unless they also get preferential treatment on the downlow.

Thirdly, regardless of what you post here, the evidence is overwhelming that some posters get away with murder here, so your claim of no preferential treatment is bollox.

So.Yes

I can't tell you why people don't use the avatar and italics, but I know that there are plenty who do not. That's a fact, not an opinion.

Early you said you had been told by someone "in the know" that it was a fact that subscribers got preferential treatment. Now you are saying that its overwhelming evidence that brings you to that conclusion, yet you are only here a short few months.

Funny that.

There is no preferential treatment, neither for subscribers, nor for mods of other forums as has previously been claimed. If there was preference for subs, it would be a selling point, and it is not.

Your claims are unfounded and wrong. The only people who get preferential treatment are those who don't cause trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Firstly, i understand boards is run as a commercial enterprise, if someone paid once, it would be wise to keep them sweet to try and get another payment from them

Secondly, why would anyone pay money and not use what they paid for, unless they also get preferential treatment on the downlow.

Thirdly, regardless of what you post here, the evidence is overwhelming that some posters get away with murder here, so your claim of no preferential treatment is bollox.

So.Yes

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

So.Yes

Please show us examples of overwhelming evidence that subscribers get preferred over regular users. Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 steveblack572

Early you said you had been told by someone "in the know" that it was a fact that subscribers got preferential treatment. Now you are saying that its overwhelming evidence that brings you to that conclusion, yet you are only here a short few months.

Alas it was someone "in the know" who filled me in.
    It does not take years to look back at boards and see mods give preferential treatment, its a regular occurrence, when certain posters are called out on their B/S and are "losing" the argument a mod will ride to the rescue and ban or close down the discussion.

mike_ie wrote: »
    No.

so boards is not run as a commercial enterprise?

Ah I just copped this is the same poster from earlier in the thread and from feedback.

Should have know better than to waste my time.

Ruu wrote: »
    Please show us examples of overwhelming evidence that subscribers get preferred over regular users. Ta.

Go take a look in the politics forum, their is a clique of subscribers who's views are untouchable.
    (i got perma banned from the forum when i was on the wrong side of the argument with subscribers and their clique, a little heads up would have avoided this ).

Ah I just copped this is the same poster from earlier in the thread and from feedback.

Should have know better than to waste my time.

1,When exposed, deny.

2,When that don't work, don't engage.

3,back to 1, repeat ad nauseum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

so boards is not run as a commercial enterprise?

Yes it is. The actual points you were trying to make in your posts are all untrue though.

I was going to step through them at the time, but realised what an exercise in futility that would be. Much like your feedback thread, it would just degenerate into a nonsensical rant with not one example given of what you're claiming above.

A clamp down on condescending posts and sarcastic sneering would be nice.

That must be one of the benefits of being a subscriber, while free users will get infracted/banned, paid members get some leeway to act the dick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

mod

Right so, I'm going to stop this here and now. Steve post on this thread again and I'll ban you for trolling.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'm a subscriber and never been warned/reported/banned.

Preferential treatment? No

Not being a d!ck? Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

That must be one of the benefits of being a subscriber, while free users will get infracted/banned, paid members get some leeway to act the dick.

Subscribers have been sitebanned in the past, which kind of blows that theory out of the water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I got the delivery of Christmas hookers and coke out in the van , is there anyone who can sign
    for them ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

when a serious thread descends into a back and forth battle of wits between two overzealous, patronising posters throwing statistics at each other and neither stops until they are deemed to be right. 'strawman argument' is the weapon of choice in these scenarios.

Robsweezie wrote: »
    when a serious thread descends into a back and forth battle of wits between two overzealous, patronising posters throwing statistics at each other and neither stops until they are deemed to be right. 'strawman argument' is the weapon of choice in these scenarios.

i can never post here again after this.
    so if im one of the two who is the other you refer to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

No mod Mondays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

i can never post here again after this.
    so if im one of the two who is the other you refer to?

if it makes you feel any better I hadn't you in mind in that post, what would make you think I was having a go at you? unless your guilty ..... sure you're better off away from the hive minds anyway :pac:

Advertisement