Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting same message 10 times

Options
  • 05-09-2014 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

in recent days I am getting the same txt message 10 times over a course of a day. If some one sends e a message at 9 in the morning I will get it 10 times during the course of the day. One sender I spoke to today sais it was also registering on theor fone

what is the problem

The fone is a galaxy ace GT S5839I

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

It's a problem with the operator. Their SMS centre is sending the multiple messages, for some reason. Not a phone issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,818 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Are they all coming from the same network or another? Are they coming from the same country or another? Get the senders to turn on delivery reports to see if they get one when you initially receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

Tomjim wrote: »
    in recent days I am getting the same txt message 10 times over a course of a day. If some one sends e a message at 9 in the morning I will get it 10 times during the course of the day. One sender I spoke to today sais it was also registering on theor fone

what is the problem

The fone is a galaxy ace GT S5839I

The OH is having the same problem for the last couple of days with a Pulid S1 Smartphone which I bought as a result of this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057227484.
    Its on Vodafone and the texts come in three or four times.
    I changed the sim into a different phone tonight and it seems to have stopped it.Now that I see this thread I'm not sure where the problem lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The issue could be with the sending phone or the network. If you get same message several times from different people it can be the network.

It could also be your phone but if a sender can see their sent message on their phone repeated it's not you, its them :D

Advertisement