Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is This Song From the Same Beginnings as Thrash Metal?

• 06-09-2014 2:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭

What are the influences for this song?

I'm getting a punk/metal 80s hybrid off this song. It sounds like it has similar roots to thrash with the fusing of metal and punk and hardcore. However this brand of music leaned more towards the punk side of things while possibly dismissing the hardcore.

What's even more amazing is that the main band I know with this style in the 80s was Venom, and they inspired people to burn churches and lure gay people to their death.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Lyaiera wrote: »
    What are the influences for this song?
    I'm getting a punk/metal 80s hybrid off this song. It sounds like it has similar roots to thrash with the fusing of metal and punk and hardcore. However this brand of music leaned more towards the punk side of things while possibly dismissing the hardcore.
    Rate Your Music tells me that it's from 1973! Pretty damn interesting. The band were from Iceland and only released one album.

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/icecross/icecross/

What's even more amazing is that the main band I know with this style in the 80s was Venom, and they inspired people to burn churches and lure gay people to their death.
    It doesn't sound as aggressive as the likes of Venom. And no, Venom didn't directly inspire people to burn churches and lure gay people to their death (although you could argue that some of the bands that Venom inspired did). They were a tongue-in-cheek band who didn't take themselves very seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

They were a tongue-in-cheek band who didn't take themselves very seriously.

Yeah, I know. I really like them, and it's weird to think they coined "Black Metal."

Edit: Anyway, really interesting song, especially as I don't know much like it.

Advertisement