Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in/around Kilbarrack/Raheny

Options
  • 06-09-2014 5:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am considering a stay in Kilbarrack/Raheny for the October Bank Holiday weekend. I will arrive by car but a not planning to use it until I get into it to go back. So I need to park it.

Question 1: what kind of free or metered parking is there on the streets? If metered, does metering apply Saturday? (As I understand it's unlikely to apply Sunday or Bank Holiday Monday?)

Question 2: there seem to be free car parks at Clongriffin (big) and Bayside Station (small). Is it wise to use any of them? I read bad stuff about the one in Clongriffin but it's from a while ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

There is plenty of free street parking all over Raheny. It is mainly just housing estates and there are no parking charges to park on them. If you want to park in the shopping centre car park behind Supervalu, they have a 2 hr limit. The car park at the other set of shops across the road charge a parking fee, from 9-6. I think they both do this to deter commuters from leaving their cars there, taking the DART into work and leaving no spaces for shoppers. St Annes Park is located close by. I imagine they don't want park goers hogging all the spaces either. Other than that, parking in the area is generally free. I don't know Kilbarrack well at all, but I imagine it is the same.

Do you know where in Raheny/Kilbarrack you will be staying?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭MichaelR

Thanks! Resolves my problem, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

i wouldnt park in the dart station at bayside. while its full during the day its empty at night and a hang out for groups of kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Carpark at lough derg is another option

• Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭bren2001

Killbarrack is the exact same as Raheny. The Tesco doesnt have a time limit on cars parked there (never seen a sign) but I wouldnt park it there. Plenty of on street parking outside houses. Its all pretty safe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement