Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best first dslr camera to start of with it

• 06-09-2014 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm looking into getting a dslr camera but I don't know which one to get or what brand.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,052 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

whatever fits best in your hand. the differences between them are otherwise minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dmaor

Lambo14 wrote: »
    I'm looking into getting a dslr camera but I don't know which one to get or what brand.

Any suggestions?

If you are set on a DSLR then it will clearly be either Nikon or Canon and to be honest there is little or nothing between them, especially if you are new to DSLRs. Which model depends on your budget and what you want to use it for. Taking Nikon (which I'm most familiar with) the D3300 is a fine entry level camera, or the older D3200 which would save a few pounds. Make sure you also think about lenses as these make a big difference (do yourself a favour and make some room in your budget for adding either a 35mm 1.8 or a 50mm 1.8G - inexpensive as lenses go but much better image quality than any non-professional zoom lens).

Have you considered mirrorless cameras - the modern ones have got to the point where they are just as good as equivalently priced DSLRs in most aspects (except probably for fast moving subjects such as sports or wildlife) and are much smaller/lighter - which makes a real difference. If interested, look into Fuji or micro four thirds options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭210

Its well worth thinking about buying off someone else who is trading up - if you look on ebay you can pick up something like a Nikon D 80 with lens from €150. Granted the camera will be coming up on 10 years old but if its been looked after it still will take great photos and if you want to trade up yourself down the road chances are you'll make most of your money back when you sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭asark

I found this guy's videos very informative and it helped me to choose my first DSLR camera. Do a search for "Tony Northrup" on youtube.

Advertisement