Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to fund a home extension

Options
  • 06-09-2014 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Im looking to build an extension onto my house which i have been living in for 10 years. my question is how should i fund it. the cost of the extension is approx €22,000. I have saving that would cover this but it would mean depleting my savings. Id be more than willing to fund 40-50% of the build from my savings but would be very apprehensive using all my savings. What would be my best way to fund the other 50%? Approach my existing lender? Shop around? credit union? Id appreciate your advice on how to proceed with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

clodaghh wrote: »
    Approach my existing lender? Shop around? credit union?

Any of those would be a good start. HI is a common loan and if you have the quote showing you are willing to fund 50% its a very appealing loan to any band/cu.

Advertisement