Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email - Pop vs IMAP

• 06-09-2014 12:52pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, hope you can advice me here. I am having some difficulties with email account I have for my father on my blacknight hosting and I hope there is a way around it. Long story short I need email syncing over multiple devices, pc, laptop, & phone. I want access to folders and sent items etc. I have a normal email on pop, telling the clients to leave the messages on the server. Its ok but far from perfect.

The way it works in my work is we have exchange that we connect to with IMAP and no matter where I am I can configure a device and all my emails will appear. I'm hoping I can do this with my fathers account. Can this be done?

Hope I have explained ok let me know if any other questions.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Are you using Hosted Exchange with us?

If you are then you need to make sure that the email software (client) you use is connecting as Exchange

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ah ok - I had a look and so if I want what I described I purchase your hosted exchange is that correct? I'll have a look as that might solve my problem. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Are you not able to use IMAP for your father's email address rather than having to purchase hosted exchange?

Advertisement