Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Any old timers recognise these?

• 06-09-2014 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

http ://i (dot) imgur (dot) com/GrK9Ynp (dot) jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

http ://i (dot) imgur (dot) com/GrK9Ynp (dot) jpg

Some kind of complicated maths question?.. A computer language?.. Or a message from the ancient Egyptians?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Moon Riders

Some kind of complicated maths question?.. A computer language?.. Or a message from the ancient Egyptians?.

Haha, sorry, new user, can't post links!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Blue Peter Badge????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Could be this South African MCC?

http://thebikeclub.co.za/moon-riders-mc-gauteng/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Tipper62

I recognized the badge immediately, and a host of happy memories came flooding back. The Moon Riders MCC was a touring club set up around 1981/2 that lasted for 5 years or so. Members were mainly from the Churchtown, Dundrum and Rathfarnham areas and met weekly at The Blades pub at Terenure Cross.

That badge was issued for a rally that was run a few months before I joined the club. The following year we held our rally at 'The George' pub on the road leading to Portlaoise. Other clubs at the time running good annual meetings included Clondalkin MCC (Harp Rally), Kilkenny MCC (White Tiger Rally), and Valley MCC from Belfast. I cannot remember the name of their rally, but their 1984 one was held at Kilkeel.

Bikes used by the Moon Riders included the MZ 250, Suzuki GSX 250, X7 250, triple 'kettle,' GSX 400F, GS 1100 Katana, Kawasaki Z 250, Yamaha RD 350 LC Mk.1, XJ550 and Honda 500 and CB 650. Those were years of great fun and camaraderie before the cares and worries of middle age and boring four-wheelers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Tipper62 wrote: »

Bikes used by the Moon Riders included the MZ 250, Suzuki GSX 250, X7 250, triple 'kettle,' GSX 400F, GS 1100 Katana, Kawasaki Z 250, Yamaha RD 350 LC Mk.1, XJ550 and Honda 500 and CB 650. Those were years of great fun and camaraderie before the cares and worries of middle age and boring four-wheelers!
    Great bikes some of them, I had an X7 hardly a touring machine but I guess back then you just ran what you had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Great bikes some of them, I had an X7 hardly a touring machine but I guess back then you just ran what you had.

Exactly, I remember going two up from dublin to clonmel and back on a YB100

I never had an X7 but was highly impressed by the savage acceleration. Not a touring bike by design but could leave my Z250 Scorpion for dead. Got an LC two years later and was a lot happier. Dublin to Clonmel and back on a two up YB100 was heroic!

Dear Sir/Madam,

No worries. I'm a private citizen and have no wares to advertise or flog. Nor am I from the media.

Best regards,

Tipper 62.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Dear Sir/Madam,

No worries. I'm a private citizen and have no wares to advertise or flog. Nor am I from the media.

Best regards,

Tipper 62.

all we care about is whether you wave back

Meant that reply for some moderator worried about hidden sellers or snoopers. Always waved back but cannot really wave anymore because in a car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Meant that reply for some moderator worried about hidden sellers or snoopers. Always waved back but cannot really wave anymore because in a car.
    Simple fix for that, get a bike!
    You only have one shot and you may as well be happy, if bikes are what you like then you owe it to yourself to get one (or more).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

CJhaughey wrote: »

I had an X7 back in 1988, loved the thing.

I think it was my first two stroke, I rode a Yamaha XS400 and an XS500 before my foray into two strokes.

After the X7 came a few LC's, YPVS's & a DT175, almost forgot I'd a KH250 triple and the one I wish I still had ~ an RD400 in the Kenny Roberts colors!!.

And talk about touring, I rode a Yamaha RD125YPVS from Belfast to Dublin with crates of beer strapped to the tank and rear pillion seat sometime back in the early 90's :D

Advertisement