Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Human side of rocketing property and rental prices (London)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I worked in new Irish council houses repairing items for close to 2 years.

If I was going to base my previous experiences working with council tenants on what I saw in that video, I would assume that Emelienne deliberately left the leak in her bathroom unreported for at least a year. Which would have caused structural damage to the joists and decayed the walls beyond repair. The bath would have been removed to reduce weight, remove any further damage and to assess extent of repairs needed. And the reason it would have been left like that is because that bathroom would require a complete refit, supports to walls. Which they would in no way be able to acquire the budget or resources to action immediately. She would have done this to get a new home, usually a larger one as their family would have kept expanding over the years.

Jessica's house from the video is neglected. Neglected by Jessica. How is mildew on the ceiling and bags of rubbish anybody else's problem? That Mildew was 100% caused by not airing the room out after a shower. She has a camera crew over, the walls are filthy and damaged, the floor and surfaces are filthy. The hot water is also turned off on the boiler, you can see it in the video. Both systems have good pressure and they mentioned water, not heating, so the pump and gas are working.

The bloke is a mystery, I'm not sure why they spent so much time on him.

I see this video more as the gullibility of a camera crew and inability of the council to comment on specific details on peoples cases, outside of what the people are willing to show.

Advertisement