Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA

Options
  • 06-09-2014 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi I was on a ce scheme last October and through my time spent I wanted to go and apply for a fetac level 5,so I went and applied for nursing studies,got interviewed and got accepted one week later and paid my fees.i got in touch with a case officer and he told me to come off the ce and go back on JS and then apply for BTEA.i was 10 months on the CE scheme and I'm currently on supp welfare waiting on my job seekers to come through.
    I have all forms sent into my welfare office.my course starts Monday and I rang welfare yesterday and they could only tell me that my application has been scanned and I'll know in a week or so.
    I'm kinda lost because with the course starting Monday I don't know whether or not I should go and to make matters worse I'm dreading I'll get refused when I'm already started,any help on this matter would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭mosii

Hi,stay on your course until you know one way or another.I would ring the back to education in,Department of Social Protection
    Social Welfare Services Office
    Government Buildings
    Shannon Lodge
    Carrick-on-Shannon
    Leitrim
    Ireland

Tel:(071) 967 2616
    Locall:1890 927 99

The lady there is very nice and patient on the phone ,I would say she would tell you if you are entitled or not,I think you should be ok,but as its not straight forward it could take a bit of time,best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 scoobydave

mosii wrote: »
    Hi,stay on your course until you know one way or another.I would ring the back to education in,Department of Social Protection
    Social Welfare Services Office
    Government Buildings
    Shannon Lodge
    Carrick-on-Shannon
    Leitrim
    Ireland

Tel:(071) 967 2616
    Locall:1890 927 99

The lady there is very nice and patient on the phone ,I would say she would tell you if you are entitled or not,I think you should be ok,but as its not straight forward it could take a bit of time,best of luck.

Thanks for the reply,ill be absolutely gutted if I got rejected as I want to have a better life for my 2 kids and hoping by doing this it will help me towards my goal.
    I'm thinking I should be safe enough but we never know with this country tbh

Advertisement