Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Salthill diving board?

• 06-09-2014 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Does anybody know how long before or after high tide that it is safe to jump off the salthill diving board in Galway? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Does anybody know how long before or after high tide that it is safe to jump off the salthill diving board in Galway? Thanks

Don't know, but the way I tell is that there's usually alot of locals there and if it's safe they will be diving off. So, if no one is diving it's probably not safe.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Steven Murray

Don't know, but the way I tell is that there's usually alot of locals there and if it's safe they will be diving off. So, if no one is diving it's probably not safe.

Thanks

There are a few of us heading to Galway the end of September and high tide is 7:30 in the morning gonna be hard to get a bunch of lads out of bed that early but maybe for about 10am. I'd say that's vein a bit hopefull!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Thanks

There are a few of us heading to Galway the end of September and high tide is 7:30 in the morning gonna be hard to get a bunch of lads out of bed that early but maybe for about 10am. I'd say that's vein a bit hopefull!

Maybe wait for the second tide?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Maybe wait for the second tide?

It's 8pm. Were going the last weekend in September. Sure we will have to find something else to do there's plenty stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭martin6651

When you look at the tower there 2 arches on the lower level if the water is up to the top of them it is still safe to jump from top of tower. Any lower than that is not too safe.

• Advertisement

martin6651 wrote: »
    When you look at the tower there 2 arches on the lower level if the water is up to the top of them it is still safe to jump from top of tower. Any lower than that is not too safe.

Absolutely perfect thanks!

Advertisement