Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<SNIP> MOTORS

Options
  • 06-09-2014 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Just wanted to share my experience with this small garage located in Blanch, I bought a 2008 car from them at the start of the year got a warranty the whole lot. It took them three weeks to release the car, during the first week I noticed a fault in the steering (Would shake violently when driving) and the brakes (Constant hissing sound, ABS would randomly kick in). Brought the car back was told to put it through the NCT and it passed but the tester remarked on how poor the both were. Informed the dealer was told to bring car back up, arranged a time and day drove up to discover there workshop had 'burned down accidentally'. I was told they would be in touch that was back in Feb/March. After months of numerous calls to them they agreed to take my car on the 1st September to solve this issue, Left the car there 4 days later I had to ring them to get an update which was it was looked at and they found 'nothing wrong with the brakes' but told it needed a new steering rack and I would have to cover a piece of the cost which was €200 from the quoted €700. I was told my warranty did not cover this as it had passed NCT(bullsh*t) Today I received an abusive call from the manager because I'm wasting his time with phone calls and that he doesn't have to repair this fault to him (isn't dangerous). So I collected the car today refusing to pay money towards having the car repaired and I had the pleasure of walking in just as a potential customer was negotiating a deal! Which I was then screamed at to leave the yard.

During this 7 month period I received no contact from any member of the garage, I made every call, They will not honor warranties, The staff <SNIP> shocking customer service

NEVER DEAL WITH THIS GARAGE OR <SNIP>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Read the charter especially the bit that says
    "This is a forum for discussing any Consumer Issues,we don't just want to hear bad story's"
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=292550

Names and insults removed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

gonna guess the garage was in the ballymount triangle

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

gonna guess the garage was in the ballymount triangle

The Blanchardstown part of Ballymount?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - Less of the speculation please. A moderator has already removed identifying comments. Continuing in this vein will not be allowed.

dudara

Advertisement