Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you being charged VAT twice on your Emobile Bill Pay Phone Plan

Options
  • 06-09-2014 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Emobile advertise their phone bill plans as inclusive of VAT. So for example my Bill Plan which is Select 200, includes 200 free texts, 200 calls and unlimited land line calls, and is inclusive of VAT. Unfortunately as a new poster I am not allowed to post a URL here but the information is available at the bottom of the Select 200 plan page at emobile.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]In fact every plan on phone bill pay is advertised as including VAT. I verified this twice with the customer representative before I took out an 18 month contract with them.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]However from the first bill onwards Emobile have charged me VAT twice on my bill. An average bill shows the bill plan cost first, already inclusive of VAT,  then below are added any extra charges, and below that VAT is charged again on the full amount.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]VAT at this point should only be charged on the extra charges outside my plan.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]When I pointed this out to a representative he disappeared off the phone for a bit to talk to someone, came back, and offered to credit my bill by 10 euros the following month because of the mistake. This they did. So they admitted the discrepancy.  But since then it has been back to business as usual and double charging.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]I have since had two rounds of communication by letter and email with Emobile  stating the problem exactly and each time they reply by stating that the call charges are correct, which they are, and that the bill plan cost does not include VAT. Directly contradicting their own advertising and directly contradicting repeated assurances by their own customer representatives.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]At 23%,  VAT is a hefty amount to pay twice every month.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif] I wondered if other people are being charged VAT twice as I am. I have a hunch it is happening to all of us.[/font]

Advertisement