Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time Letting.

Options
  • 06-09-2014 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi, I live in County Waterford and I will be viewing a house in South Kerry next week with a view to buying as a second home. I intend to stay in the house from time to time during the year but I would also like to Let the house during the summer months as a Holiday Home. The thing is that this is my first time doing anything like this and I really don`t know what is entailed. I know that I will have to register the house as a NPPR but after that I don`t have a clue. If there is anyone out there that has some experience in this field I would really appreciate a few pointers regarding Insurance, registration, different charges etc. Thanks in Advance....

Comments

Property tax has replaced the NPPR.
    If renting as a holiday home you won't need to register with PRTB as a landlord but the income will need to be declared.

I'm not at all sure of what sort of insurance one requires in the holiday home game.

Advertisement