Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Article: Crowds fail to materialise for launch of Millers Glen, Swords

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Ohmygod123 thanks for the info - Currently looking at buying here and would like some more inside knowledge?

Are the prices negotiable from your experience.

Do you find it too quiet as there's not much else around the area e.g. is it a walk-able distance to the nearest shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

OhMyGod123 wrote: »
    We purchased one of the houses and have been living there since Dec 2015. We are absolutely delighted wit the house. Build quality is excellent, sound proofing, heat retention is better than anything we have ever experienced previously.

Also, the PM team and foreman on-sight are very helpful and still come back and address any queries or questions we have.

Swords villiage, Airside, Malahide are all within a few minutes

Thanks so much for this info. So regarding the sound proofing - if your neighbours in the next house are home, you can't hear them chatting etc? That's the problem we've had in our current place.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭greengirl31

Hi all,

So I happened across the open show houses in millers glen and i'd be interested to hear other's experiences here? Like are the prices negotiable ? Is the sound proofing as good as they say it is ?? Is it a child friendly neighborhood ?? Is there a lot of owner occupiers or did landlords get most ??.... I was considering buying a second-hand property in this area because it'd be already settled so to speak but I've no interest or ability for home improvements so a new build appeals to me for that reason - and i'm a sucker for a sales pitch :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

My sister is in the process of buying one. Price was not negotiable. Seems like a nice quiet area. She and I knocked on a few doors to ask about the soundproofing and all reports were good. Part of it is personal to you though - what are your dislikes?

My sister heard there may be a council estate built nearby and that concerned her, where it wouldn't bother me personally. As long as build quality is good, I'm happy.

They do certainly look and feel like good houses when you're inside them, I'll say that for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭greengirl31

Just wondering ... Does anyone know how many houses COULD be built on this site ??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Plus- there are other zoned and serviced sites (aka with access to water and sewage) in the immediate vicinity.

Advertisement