Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

700 road tube into old road 27" wheel?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

They're very similar in size but you cannot use a presta valve on a schrader rim as the hole is too big and the tube will likely puncture there. You'd probably get away with it for a while though until you have time to shop for the correct tube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I'm using presta valves on schrader-drilled rim, no problem. You just need to be careful while pumping, not to wiggle the valve too much.

I'm using 80psi pressure max, haven't checked what would happen at 110psi in example. But I don't think that most schrader rims are designed for this kind of pressure anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I have those rims and have used both presta and Schrader with no difference in performance. I actually didn't know they're were different rims for both. I keep the screw thing on the presta valve. I have them up to 100psi,. The tyre max.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

cdaly_ wrote: »
    They're very similar in size but you cannot use a presta valve on a schrader rim as the hole is too big and the tube will likely puncture there. You'd probably get away with it for a while though until you have time to shop for the correct tube.

thanks

are those 27" tyres readily available?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

thanks

are those 27" tyres readily available?

Nope they're a pain to get decent ones. The only two I found that were decent are the continental ultra sports, not much puncture protection but fast and lovely to Cycle on or schwalbe marathons, great puncture protection but slower, although the tan sidewalls suit older bikes much better!

• Advertisement
Advertisement