Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harbour - only for dogs and inconsiderate owners?

Options
  • 06-09-2014 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

Seems like the harbour is now only for letting your dog s*** and p*** and annoy kids these days.

Heaven help you if you ask anyone to control their dog and not have it go for your kids when they are throwing stones in the sea.

Had this twice last week and was told there were no rules at the harbour and if you don't like it you can go the south beach.

One owner burst into tears when asked not let her dog p*** where kids were picking up stones. She said we ruined her enjoyment of the harbour by complaining!

Don't get me started on the owners who leave their dogs on the beach all day when they wander off.

Vent over

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Seems like the harbour is now only for letting your dog s*** and p*** and annoy kids these days.

Heaven help you if you ask anyone to control their dog and not have it go for your kids when they are throwing stones in the sea.

Had this twice last week and was told there were no rules at the harbour and if you don't like it you can go the south beach.

One owner burst into tears when asked not let her dog p*** where kids were picking up stones. She said we ruined her enjoyment of the harbour by complaining!

Don't get me started on the owners who leave their dogs on the beach all day when they wander off.

Vent over

To be honest you cannot control / dictate where your dog poos, they literally just drop and go (sorry to sound graphic) BUT all owners should pick it up and clean up after their dog. I am dog owner and walk along the the sea front from the path on the south beach right along til after the beach house and if / when my dog goes (and he does at times) I pick it up and spray water down too from a bottle I bring with etc. He is always on lead etc, only time I let him off is in the little alcove infront of the old last touché, as he goes in for a swim, but as soon as he's out he's back on lead.

I do hate to think all dog owners are tarred with the same brush!

The sea front / harbour should be there for all to enjoy.. That includes families, dog owners, visitors etc but we all need to have consideration for eachother.
    This means not letting dogs poo everywhere, also means families should pick up their rubbish , sweet wrappers and bottles etc... We all need to be considerate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Agree. It only takes one to ruin the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I agree that dog owners like myself should pick up after their dogs sh!t but there's really nothing you can do about where a dogs goes p!ss. Kids should always wash their hands after themselves when out throwing stones or whatever. It should be the parents responsibility that they wash their hands after themselves by going to the nearest toilets or carrying hand sanitizer.

Does your dog pee in your living room?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Are you comparing my living room to outside?? Dogs pee on the grass too and kids play there. Kids also climb trees, sit on walls, and when I was a kid I used to pull up my trousers and go for a dip in the streams and rivers and sure dogs and a whole host of other animals pee in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

What a ridiculous question...

If you knew anything about dogs you would know they usually pee over other digs urine or when they get a specific scent while out walking....

So in answer to your question no my dog doesn't pee in my living room as there are no strange dogs or other animals putting their scent in my living room so therefore he doesn't feel the need .. Plus he's house trained ;)

Also why ..... Do you think the harbour and sea front classify as your own personal living room??

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Vent over

You must have laid into her if she cried!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

Anyone that doesn't clean up after their dog should be whacked with an instant fine and then shot with a ball of their own dogs sh1te.
    I'm a dog owner too and hate to be tarred with the same brush as some of the brain dead, filth bag dog owners that seam to live In greystones
    If people won't take their own rubbish home with them what chance are they going to clean up after their dog..
    As Des bishop said, Ireland and its people is the only country in the world that people don't clean up/ discard your rubbish in McDonald's ...

Kind of proves a point when you see all the mess on the beach etc etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭NZ_2014

Vent over

Dog owners should definately clean all these stuff up

Tbh though kids ruin my enjoyment with dogs on the seafront. Incredibly noisy and annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

I agreed with you until you came out with this crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

Lovely pic of our harbour....!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Vent over

The harbour is a public amenity. Dog owners can pick up after their dog but can't carry a hose and santising spray for wee. I assume you also chastise seagulls, seals, snails, pigeons and fish as well as responsible dog owners. Seek help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

You must have laid into her if she cried!

And what a terrific role model for the children...

Zoo4m8 wrote: »
    And what a terrific role model for the children...

Thanks. Good to know not all dig owners behave badly.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

This subject has been done to death.
    It is just going to be the same old predictable arguments all over again.

If anyone has anything new or constructive to add please PM myself or LIEN and we will unlock.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement