Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential new job?

Options
  • 06-09-2014 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

Ok so I had an interview for a new job nearly 2 weeks ago now. I felt the interview went well as it's similar to the role I'm in now so felt pretty confident.

The HR manager who was in the interview emailed me a few days later asking for my 2 references. I ok'd this with my current team leader who I would be close to and also my previous employer. The HR manager called my current employer and received a positive review about myself, I hope! :)

After speaking with my TL she then sent me on a medical assessment form which I completed and emailed back right away.

I still haven't heard anything and that was Tuesday. I was hoping to hear back sometime this week but things seemed to slow down. One of my colleagues also interviewed for this position but was not asked for references afterwards.

Is it possible that I was one of the people they narrowed it down to? Or perhaps these things can take sometime to process?
    Anyone ever been in a similar situation before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I don't think it's fair to ask for references or medical details before an offer is made.

But these things can just move slowly - and it always feels much longer for the candidate than the company. They might just be waiting for someone senior to sign off on it, or something like that.

It sounds positive enough - hopefully things will progress soon. I'd say you could follow up on Wednesday, if you don't hear back.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Happinessx

Eoin wrote: »
    I don't think it's fair to ask for references or medical details before an offer is made.

But these things can just move slowly - and it always feels much longer for the candidate than the company. They might just be waiting for someone senior to sign off on it, or something like that.

It sounds positive enough - hopefully things will progress soon. I'd say you could follow up on Wednesday, if you don't hear back.

Best of luck!

I thought the same myself I asked her if she wanted to speak to my current employer before a job offer was made or would she be retaining this for afterwards.

Thanks hopefully I won't have to follow up

Advertisement