Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea 2 Summit 2014

Options
  • 06-09-2014 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am tackling Sea 2 summit (Supreme for now) in November and as this is my first adventure race I am unsure as to what foot wear is best to go with. I have climbed Croagh Patrick several times in my running shoes but would prefer something with a bit more grip even though I will have 8k or so on the road.
    Anyone any advise on what foot wear to go with on any part of the race. I am planning on wearing cleat/cycling shoes on the cycle as I think this will help me with the steep hills on the cycling element of the race.
    Any advise at all from previous participants would be gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I haven't done S2S before, planning to do it this year, but I've been told trail runners are best. I wore them for Gaelforce North and they were perfect on the track run and the mountain. I think with the rocky nature of Croagh Patrick you need something with better grip and a stiffer sole, which trail runners offer over normal running shoes. I'm also planning to switch shoes for the cycle as I find cycling any distance in running shoes puts a lot more pressure on my calves, resulting in cramp...

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Bawnmore_Ent.

I have done s2s last year, among other adventure races. I wear Brooks Cascadia 8s. Great protection from sharp rocks, and very comfortable, only downside with them is they get quite heavy when wet. A lot of elites seem to wear Salomons.

Advertisement