Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Printer

Options
  • 06-09-2014 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good wireless printer that is cheap to run and hassle free re maintenance. If it's all in one (mainly interested in the scanner option) that will be even better. Budget is 200- 300e, if there is a cheaper great option even better. A friend said Brother were good but looking for more opinions. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Orchid

I again. I have narrowed them down to these three:
    Brother HL-5470DW Mono Laser Wireless Printer
    Brother MFC-9330CDW A4 Multifunction Wireless LED All-In-One
    Or

Brother DCP-J752DW A4 Colour Inkjet Multifunction Wireless

Which one would you choose? I need it for at home printer, moderate usage, family of three. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,365 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I've had a couple of wireless printers, and none of them lasted. The printing did, but the wifi connection didn't. A repair place I asked about them said they always give up and you wind up using them with the connector cable.

This is exactly what I do now - my heart was broken installing and re-installing software over and over again.

Mine are cheaper than what you're budgeting for, though, so maybe a bigger initial outlay would give more reliability, but personally I'd be sceptical.

If you find one that works reliably for a prolonged period, please let me know what it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I've had lots of issues with Wireless printers losing connection and it usually comes down to the printer getting it's IP address via DHCP, giving the printer a fixed address fixed about 75% of these problems.

I use a Canon MG6200 series printer/scanner and can highly recommend them, great quality printing on Photo paper and good apps for iPad and Windows Tablets. 200 to 300 quid is a decent budget, you should get a decent device for that money.

Ken

Advertisement