Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying as a mature student after living abroad for a year

Options
  • 06-09-2014 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all,

I am planning to apply to DIT computer science next year( starting in September 2015) and I am curious will living abroad affect the application as I don't have an address in Ireland at the moment? I moved to Canada this year and will be here until next summer. Do I still go through the CAO or is there any other things I need to take into consideration?

Thanks

Hoop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Contact DIT admissions and let them know your circumstances. They will tell you how you need to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,010 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Hi all,

I am planning to apply to DIT computer science next year( starting in September 2015) and I am curious will living abroad affect the application as I don't have an address in Ireland at the moment? I moved to Canada this year and will be here until next summer. Do I still go through the CAO or is there any other things I need to take into consideration?

Thanks

Hoop

All things being equal it shouldn't matter a jot.

To qualify for grant support you need to be resident in Ireland for 3 out of the last 5 years.

To qualify for the EU rate and fees in college it is based on your citizenship. That doesn't change by residence elsewhere.

I applied for the CAO and SUSI grant whilst in Canada this year. I start tomorrow in DIT.

Advertisement