Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One month old taking 6 ounces a feed?

Options
  • 07-09-2014 1:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭

Hi, my one month old son is currently on 6 ounces per feed or Aptimil Hungrier Baby Breast Milk Sub. We had him on the standard Breast Milk Sub, but he was hungry every 1-2 (he was taking 5 ounces at a time) we've increased him to six just a week now, but if he doesn't get all 6 he's be hungry again in an hour (giving him what he missed sorts him out till the next feed) but I'm wondering is 6 ounces on HBF a lot so young?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Snake wrote: »
    Hi, my one month old son is currently on 6 ounces per feed or Aptimil Hungrier Baby Breast Milk Sub. We had him on the standard Breast Milk Sub, but he was hungry every 1-2 (he was taking 5 ounces at a time) we've increased him to six just a week now, but if he doesn't get all 6 he's be hungry again in an hour (giving him what he missed sorts him out till the next feed) but I'm wondering is 6 ounces on HBF a lot so young?

Gosh that does sound like an awful lot. My baby went onto formula around 4 weeks and I think he was only on 4oz and every 4 hours?? He was such a hungry horse that I remember the PHN wanted him on solids at 4 months :eek: I didn't take her advice and didn't start till 6 months but he was on 9 oz bottles!!! On reflection I should of started them at around 5 months! We used the aptimal normal formula as we combo feed. I would ring your PHN got advice, no harm in making an app as she can check weight etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Don't be worried about the amount. Mine was taking 3oz when he left hospital at 5days old.
    Within a few weeks he took 8 oz every 2 to 3hours
    He was on solids at 4 months.
    Lifted his head at 6 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

Don't be worried about the amount. Mine was taking 3oz when he left hospital at 5days old.
    He was on solids at 4 months.
    Lifted his head at 6 days.

Our little one was on 8ozs of hungrier milk after she left hospital so I wouldn't worry about

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I wouldn't worry about it , mine were the same :) mention it to the PHN if you are worried .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

If he keeps it down I wouldn't worry about it. The other option of NOT feeding him won't be much use anyway, as he will let you know he is hungry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement