Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast 1/2 Marathon 2014

Options
  • 07-09-2014 6:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭

Can't find an existing thread on this event.

I signed up for my first 1/2 marathon . Looking forward to it. Anyone else taking part?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Well I finished in 2 hours 3 mins which I am very happy about.

I will admit the last 2 miles were a struggle mentally plus a slight incline didnt help.
    I think all the training the last few months paid off.

All was forgotten with seconds of crossing the line.

Its a great way of seeing Belfast and seeing some areas I would never go on foot.
    I would like to do it again next year to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MissCatherine_

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Well I finished in 2 hours 3 mins which I am very happy about.

I will admit the last 2 miles were a struggle mentally plus a slight incline didnt help.
    I think all the training the last few months paid off.

All was forgotten with seconds of crossing the line.

Its a great way of seeing Belfast and seeing some areas I would never go on foot.
    I would like to do it again next year to be honest.

I did this myself and thoroughly enjoyed it. The route was good-although I had doubts about the small portion on the Sydenham Bypass, it was actually okay and relatively short. Definitely one again for next year and I would recommend.

I think belfast needs more races- though they are increasing them with the Titanic 10k for example. It would be great to see a race series similar to Dublin. Running seems to be ever increasing in popularity so maybe it will happen in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I was thinking there must be at least 1 other Boards person who ran so thank god for that.

Yeah I think I'll do it again hopefully get under 2hours next time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Fraggle00

Why did they run the race on the same day as the Waterside Half?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MissCatherine_

Fraggle00 wrote: »
    Why did they run the race on the same day as the Waterside Half?

This is the second year of the Belfast half and I think they have found a date that suits? I'm not sure someone who is running in Derry would go to the effort of running in Belfast (assuming Belfast was 2-3 weeks later) but maybe that's just me. I like that Belfast is this early in autumn as the temperature is still good. Sundays conditions were near perfect save for the section near the airport with the wind.

• Advertisement
Advertisement