Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bohernabreena

Options
  • 07-09-2014 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

New poster her I was just wondering is bohernabreena good to fish I'm a fly angler I just ask this because u never here much about it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

New poster her I was just wondering is bohernabreena good to fish I'm a fly angler I just ask this because u never here much about it

Fished there for the first, and last, time last weekend. Just my opinion, but it's a useless fishery. Fly only, yet on the upper lake there are only about three spots it's possible to fly fish from. After that, the fan wall is seemingly the only fish able spot on both lakes. That's where I spent most of my time fishing the upper and I lost five flies and four leaders to getting caught in the wall behind me, as well as my rod snapping towards the end of the day, I assume from the same issue.

It really is a pity as it's an incredibly picturesque place to be and the fish that were caught were nice healthy brownies but it's not worth the hassle IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Welllmade1745

Hey lads, according to my membership card the reservoir is CLOSED ON SATURDAYS does this mean I can't fish on a Saturday ?! L surely that cannot be right.!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Hey lads, according to my membership card the reservoir is CLOSED ON SATURDAYS does this mean I can't fish on a Saturday ?! L surely that cannot be right.!!!

Never heard of it been closed on any days unless there's a competition on or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Never heard of it been closed on any days unless there's a competition on or something.

Bohernabreena came up a lot at the DTAA AGM last month and there seemed to be only one constant theme - tonnes of conflicting information. Restrictions on access numbers, who runs the place, who to deal with, supposed intervention from the guards (which is nearly impossible to be true)

Similar boat on your end dodder or is it just Dublin Trout caught in a dispute?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Welllmade1745

Hey lads I got In touch with those who run the dodder anglers Facebook page and I was told that it is closed to anglers for March only.

I was up yesterday and for sweet FA any idea on what fly works this time of year and also how far you need to be casting on the bottom lake, the wind was a real pain yesterday
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement