Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Approx cost of 2 walls either side of front gate

Options
  • 07-09-2014 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,654 ✭✭✭✭

I currently have wooden 3 bar style fence either side of my front gate, and would like to replace it with walls (perhaps with the flat cladding added to it).

I appreciate that prices will vary around the country, but roughly speaking how much to build 2 block walls, both 3.5ft high, one 6ft long, the other 12ft long? (before any cladding has been added).

The fence is currently in a concrete base, so I assume this could be used for foundation for walls without any need for further work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

the natural stone for a wall this size starts around about 400 euro and a stonemason to build it would charge 50 per sq metre.
    built from scratch with stone face would run about 2000, ordinary flat plastered about 1500

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hbarstone

2 bales of blocks say using seconds cost 50 euro
    2 bags of stone 240 euro
    sand and cement max 300 euro

labour for block,stoneface and plaster 600 euro, thus total cost 1200 euro

alter double sided stone total cost 1600 euro

above assumes pillars already exist.

if not add 200 euro for each pier needed

Advertisement