Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballybrit mobile broadband service?

Options
  • 07-09-2014 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

I'm living in Galway Ballybrit and the quality of the mobile broadband for O2 is really bad.
    I'm getting reloading issues, when I try to do something more than just browsing websites.

I want to use TuneIn for around 30 minutes a day, but it's caching all the time. I had the same issue in Dublin, but not that often. I'm unable to listen to a single song without caching at least twice. I changed my mobile in the meantime, so the device is actually not the problem here.

tl;dr.
    Do you know of any mobile broadband provider in Galway/Ballybrit, who's offering a good quality?

Kind regards,
    Matthias

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are many to choose from
    www.uswitch.ie/Broadband-Deals‎
    www.bonkers.ie/compare-tv-broadband-phone/mobile-broadband
    but maybe someone in Ballybrit can tell what they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

Vodafone 4G is in Ballybrit. 50Mb speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

I'm in ballybrit and I'm using 3 broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Ballybrit has 4G coverage on 3. It can be patchy indoors but you will get at least a good 3.5G signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Gunhed

I've also heard, that Meteor isn't that bad.
    It seems, everything except O2 is good... :D

• Advertisement

I have devices on Vodafone 4G and Three 4G. Vodafone always gets 40-70MB speeds. Three which have very patchy 4G only gets a maximum of 20MB at best and averages 10-15MB. If it's patchy in the city it's highly unlikely there is 4G in Ballybrit regardless of what there coverage map says.

boardzz wrote: »
    I have devices on Vodafone 4G and Three 4G. Vodafone always gets 40-70MB speeds. Three which have very patchy 4G only gets a maximum of 20MB at best and averages 10-15MB. If it's patchy in the city it's highly unlikely there is 4G in Ballybrit regardless of what there coverage map says.

It's not unlikely. I work in Ballybrit and have 4G coverage albeit averaging about 12MB

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If it's patchy in the city it's highly unlikely there is 4G in Ballybrit regardless of what there coverage map says.

Ahh, why would you expect an area with lots of businesses in it to have worse cover than an area which is mainly retail and entertainment focussed?

That's how networks roll out coverage. Inner city and work there way out.

That's how networks roll out coverage. Inner city and work there way out.

No, they roll it out depending on varying criteria such as customer saturation and transmitter location. I find the 4G coverage in the city centre to be hit and miss but excellent in knocknacarra and reasonably good in Ballybrit.

I am guessing the 3 engineers must have overlooked your criteria!

• Advertisement
Advertisement