Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for a mortgage

Options
  • 07-09-2014 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Should i go through a Mortgage advisor or directly through the banks when applying for a mortgage which would be the best option??

Would my own bank charge me if i take my mortgage out with them?

How much would a mortgage advisor charge?

Any feedback would be great :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭robnet77

there are websites which compare rates offered by banks in Ireland, I didn't go to an "independent" mortgage advisor but went to AIB and BOI directly, after some research, but there are other options as well.
    No banks will charge you for applying, not sure what you meant there.

They will review your situation, ask you to provide some documents and will then issue an approval in principle document.
    With that in your hands and a deposit to the seller, you can go sale agreed on a property, then you should finalize the mortgage application by accepting the proposal from the chosen bank, related to the property you identified, at the conditions they set.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,961 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Chat to Killers1 on here, he's the man. Got me (and many others on here) mortgage approved without much hassle :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭TrishSimon

I'm using a guy called Declan O'Boyle he is based in Phibsboro and is brilliant I can PM you his details if you require them.

Advertisement