Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software Development Grad Postion in Sydney

Options
  • 07-09-2014 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi folks, just wondering if anybody would have any information about the difficulty associated in finding an graduate postion in Software Development in Sydney.
    I recieved my honours degree this year in Software Development and would ideally like to get a position doing this when moving to Sydney.
    I am not depending on this as my only option for employment as I worked as a bricklayer before college and can do this while looking for a graduate postition.
    Any info on the graduate employment would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

Grad roles are usually defined well in advance of completion of qualifications. A place I know is taking on Graduates in January - however they were vetted, tested, and evaluated in April last.

You'll probably need to look for an entry level role rather than a Graduate position. Build up a list of what experience that you have coding and in what languages. You may be able to pick up a contract gig in Operations.

Advertisement