Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

I bought 4 pedigree heifers and a cull cow off a breeder. They weren't good enough for him for breeding. Samy , xgl , vdt & the lady in the picture. Others are that fine light hungry orange looking ones. I just bought them for grass.

Lovely soft heifer.
    whelan2 wrote: »
    Mullary is just over the road from me, know the lad well. Mullary is actually pronounced moy-lar-a....

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭annubis

Pidae.m wrote: »
    I bought 4 pedigree heifers and a cull cow off a breeder. They weren't good enough for him for breeding. Samy , xgl , vdt & the lady in the picture. Others are that fine light hungry orange looking ones. I just bought them for grass.
    thought my one would be a show stopper when born, big pull with her and she had loads of muscle but she has turned into a plain enough heifer, wouldnt use him again now, mother was abig cow now so he is hard enough calving

Ya he must have been disappointed enough too if he culled her but he would be very picky , unless it's good enough for Roscrea ......good luck
    annubis wrote: »
    thought my one would be a show stopper when born, big pull with her and she had loads of muscle but she has turned into a plain enough heifer, wouldnt use him again now, mother was abig cow now so he is hard enough calving

1050kg €1880

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

1050kg €1880
    What did he grade?

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

The friesain had to look away in shame

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

What did he grade?

That's a mart

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

Some one was asking on some thread about tagging a calf safely. I spotted this and thought good idea deliver calf, feed and tag.

I saw her in the mart yesterday & she took my breath away! Not been smart but I'd like buy 4 maybe 5 for 1880.
    What did he grade?

• Advertisement

That fr was actually a flaker of a cow in her own right
    Muckit wrote: »
    The friesain had to look away in shame

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Bigbird1

Some one was asking on some thread about tagging a calf safely. I spotted this and thought good idea deliver calf, feed and tag.

What is it ?

Obviously going to jinx this lady but she's a plain. Fhz cow but a cracker to rear a calf. Ends up with nearly the best calf every year , a total anonymous cow which I love.

Litron 3rd calver

Is4 X vdt with an aubrac calf. Irelands most unproductive cow. I've decided to tear out the page & she's getting the road in the summer.

That calf ended up 369kg r=3= at 27 months
    Obviously going to jinx this lady but she's a plain. Fhz cow but a cracker to rear a calf. Ends up with nearly the best calf every year , a total anonymous cow which I love.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

Heading out for breakfast. Crisp morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Heading out for breakfast. Crisp morning.

Couple of my girls went for a gallop yday, going off the field they went into it will take a bit of drying down here yet as it was the dry side of the farm. Slurry lads left there gear here thurs as next customers this side reckon it's too wet. Working away further north with second outfit Fair difference in 2 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

1st cut2016

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭furandfeather

Training day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Training day!

Handsome stock

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Handsome stock

From the rear :D

Reggie. wrote: »
    From the rear :D

True, I have been fooled before judging from the rear. Twas'nt livestock I was judging tho.

True, I have been fooled before judging from the rear. Twas'nt livestock I was judging tho.

Few trips to Dublin was it :D. It's a frightening place nowadays

Reggie. wrote: »
    Few trips to Dublin was it :D. It's a frightening place nowadays

Tis that. Sure did they expect sending a country lad like me up to the big smoke😕

Tis that. Sure did they expect sending a country lad like me up to the big smoke😕

Spare a thought for myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Ah the auld 16-64 look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

THZ heifer off a heifer.

tpkvRWml.jpg

Two THZ calves, bull on left, heifer above on right.

Wn5PTatl.jpg

KOY heifer off a pb limo, her mammy on the left, same arse :pac:

dj5cCkel.jpg

Same heifer as above.

f3VGOssl.jpg

Both these will be kept for breeding, good line behind them despite iffy milk figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Our only CWI cow-heifer.
    iS2fF0Al.jpg

Totally daft as you can see,, that's her lump of a head looking for a scratch, her bull calf born mid Nov to KZH.

WI6vrE8l.jpgS54WTgzl.jpg

W4lpmwQl.jpg

And my little mini boy is growing up, was his first wander outside this week.

c1iKyfVl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

That's a super looking KZH calf, pity it's not a heifer. KZH looks like a very good bull, will you use him again?

Advertisement