Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

tanko wrote: »
    That's a super looking KZH calf, pity it's not a heifer. KZH looks like a very good bull, will you use him again?

For sure, he'll be going on the same cow again and probably the cow that has the blonde heifer this year (which is the grandmother of that KZH calf actually :pac:)
    Doesn't matter that he's not a heifer, pb bull with stars will sell just as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Kjb twins this morning . 2 heifers. Lovely calves.is kjb milky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

One from the summer

Out the oven

• Registered Users Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Scheisse!

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭welton john

Scheisse!

Just shows the difference in thinking, if that happened here you'd have lads running around like headless chickens trying to round up as many tow ropes and straps as they could get,still tho I wouldn't like to be paying the rescue bill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Who2

Just shows the difference in thinking, if that happened here you'd have lads running around like headless chickens trying to round up as many tow ropes and straps as they could get,still tho I wouldn't like to be paying the rescue bill

Now come on. There must have been ten of them to take a single cow out of a five foot pit. It's not bloody rocket science. I seen a farmer get three out of the bottom of an eight foot tank with only a clown to hold slings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Who2 wrote: »
    Now come on. There must have been ten of them to take a single cow out of a five foot pit. It's not bloody rocket science. I seen a farmer get three out of the bottom of an eight foot tank with only a clown to hold slings.

If you're not the farmer in question does that make you the guy holding the slings?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    If you're not the farmer in question does that make you the guy holding the slings?

:D

He has a point though, it isn't rocket science.

A neighbour and his son had to do 15 out of a tank 2 years ago, a ****ty but manageable job.

Danzy wrote: »

A neighbour and his son had to do 15 out of a tank 2 years ago, a ****ty but manageable job.

Oh I agree.

On your neighbours, don't you think they should have taken some measures to solve the problem after the first few went in. Manageable but avoidable.

• Advertisement

They all went in the same time, well the same night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

A few pictures from today here on Animal Farm.:pac:

2017_02_14_12.jpg

2017_02_14_12.jpg

2017_02_14_12.jpg

2017_02_14_12.jpg

2017_02_14_13.jpg

So how did they put the lifting straps on. Here we usually go around the neck and pull straight. But that's pulling up out of trenches full of water and sloped sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

They are the cleanest calves I have seen yet

IH784man wrote: »
    They are the cleanest calves I have seen yet

I use Daz.

Viking cow stock bull ch calf

This popped up on YouTube;

Clearance Sale tomorrow (Thursday Feb 16th 2017), in Ballymote Mart, Co.Sligo
    Michael J Henry is having a clearance sale of approx. 15 Cows. This is without doubt a rare opportunity to purchase proven cows with their top quality calves at foot. All cows will be scanned in calf on sale date

Regrowth on grass grazed 5 days ago.
    2017_02_16_12.jpg

Cows coming back in after been out grazing this morning.
    2017_02_16_13.jpg

I'll put up a similar grass photo Pedigree, remind me in April, if the weather holds.

I'll put up a similar grass photo Pedigree, remind me in April, if the weather holds.

What country are you from?:pac:

• Advertisement

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    What country are you from?

North West Cork.

Beef for me, If an animal was grazing the driest field here in Feb. it was because I didn't close the gate, same for March most years.

At the moment, there is not a cow out even for an hour in any of the neighbours or wider than that, there is great grass though.

I recall seeing data once that we get about double the rain of the east coast. I'll be buying bullocks cheap off ya in 2050, fatten them in the moist hills of North Cork as the drought kicks hard, bring on global warming. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    Regrowth on grass grazed 5 days ago.
    2017_02_16_12.jpg

Cows coming back in after been out grazing this morning.
    2017_02_16_13.jpg

That's it......im letting 13 weanlings out tomorrow. And i dont care how many of the neighbours tell me im mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

That's too big of a decision for 1.30am in the morning!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Muckit wrote: »
    That's too big of a decision for 1.30am in the morning!:P

Was all day thinking about it. But looking at Ped6's horses of b&w's out made me mind up.☺

Was all day thinking about it. But looking at Ped6's horses of b&w's out made me mind up.☺

But don't blame me if they tear it up.:D

Tricks of the trade.
    Backfences, multiple gaps, fencing off soft patches, roadways and a few hours grazing is getting them out.

That said I have let out some cull cows fulltime to finish up a bit on grass and a bit of barley.

I was away for a few days oup Northen and the mulcher arrived while I was away. It does a topping job (pun intended :D) and already have orders from a couple of men to do theirs. Accidental job on the side :pac:
    8znwJtch.jpg

Yy1XOanh.jpg

SoBvZquh.jpg

YBcLZ5Hh.jpg

gvUReKhh.jpg

Oh and there was a hedge here when I left Thurs morning, parents are away so dunno why it disappeared all of a sudden :eek:

xSYT67Ah.jpg

I was away for a few days oup Northen and the mulcher arrived while I was away. It does a topping job (pun intended :D) and already have orders from a couple of men to do theirs. Accidental job on the side :pac:
    8znwJtch.jpg

Yy1XOanh.jpg

SoBvZquh.jpg

YBcLZ5Hh.jpg

gvUReKhh.jpg

Oh and there was a hedge here when I left Thurs morning, parents are away so dunno why it disappeared all of a sudden :eek:

xSYT67Ah.jpg

HaVery you attacked any right heavy rushes with it yet? Would love to see a pic of that.

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    HaVery you attacked any right heavy rushes with it yet? Would love to see a pic of that.

Not yet, the outfarm is next week and it's wild with rushes! Dad didn't allow me to get before photos as he just attacked them straight away haha.

Not farming exactly but a great video. Not too far from me.

• Advertisement

I thought that was going to turn into "The Blair Witch Project" from the start of it.
    But the birds rescued the situation.:)

I hope they had their hoods up.:p

Advertisement