Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭badshot

Grueller wrote: »
    Few photos of spring calves. All after our own blue stock bull. All from 5 -8 weeks old. Blue calf is out of a blue cow (photo 5). Friesian marked guy is out of a 1st Cross black limo. Two blacks are from a blonde Cross and a parthenaise Cross (suckling). Grey fellow is out of a mousey coloured blonde Cross cow.

really great quality calves

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭MfMan

Noticed a bullock dribbling a bit the other day. When I checked him, he has two teeth up, but a fragment is broken off one. Should I have it pulled or will it fall out with use? It's affecting his thrive a little I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Sligoronan

As usually going to wedding church at 1230. First water bag at 8.all good great stuff haveing the boiled eggs and looking at camera and she a bit daft. Then I spot her makeing a run for it.
    But all well in the end and calf thrown out no bother around 1030 but still no suck.
    Left all in ould fellows hands so pints are back on the menu.
    IMG_0806_zpstdxccpzi.png

IMG_0807_zps6izfv05a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Guess the sex :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Bull calf with a bull calf head on em.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Fair lump

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Trick question, it is a transsexusal.

Sorry, I've been reading the Guardian.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Danzy wrote: »
    Trick question, it is a transsexusal.

Sorry, I've been reading the Guardian.

Or a transgender

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭visatorro

Gender neutral

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

visatorro wrote: »
    Gender neutral

Or Gender negative?

• Advertisement

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    Bull calf with a bull calf head on em.

Shut it wouldn't be right to have a heifer marked like that. Courtesy of the neighbors Hereford bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Shut it wouldn't be right to have a heifer marked like that. Courtesy of the neighbors Hereford bull.

Wonder would your neighbours bull have caught 2 of ours ?:D We had a WH bull and a heifer last week (the father cant remember getting the ai man :rolleyes: )
    We had a BB bull this week , no idea what got her either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Bullocks wrote: »
    Wonder would your neighbours bull have caught 2 of ours ?:D We had a WH bull and a heifer last week (the father cant remember getting the ai man :rolleyes: )

I thought you were squeezed????☺☺

• Registered Users Posts: 29,618 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

visatorro wrote: »
    Gender neutral

Had a set of twins earlier in the year registered them as bull and heifer. When it came to selling them the heifer was actually a bull with no balls. Never saw it before. Had to get the card changed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I thought you were squeezed????☺☺
    Doesnt stop me having notions though :D

Bullocks wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised you know, he knew no boundaries. I had him for most of the summer and told the local gossip I had longer handles got for the burdizoo and I was going to squeeze him...didn't see him since :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

I wouldn't be surprised you know, he knew no boundaries. I had him for most of the summer and told the local gossip I had longer handles got for the burdizoo and I was going to squeeze him...didn't see him since :D

I know a man who got fed up with his neighbours bull coming in, put him in the crush and squeezed him. The owner didn't discover this for months after.
    He was a poor quality scrub bull tho.

tanko wrote: »
    I know a man who got fed up with his neighbours bull coming in, put him in the crush and squeezed him. The owner didn't discover this for months after.
    He was a poor quality scrub bull tho.

Ah I wouldn't do it either but just wanted him to stop coming in, he drew a puck on a young bull I had last summer and broke his rod aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭golodge

Had done something similar last year. A couple our cows pastures are next to one neighbor's pasture. We have a suckler herd, he has dairy cattle. In that pasture he always keeps young and elder bulls, starting from 1 year up to 5 or even over, not castrated. Once we move next to those pastures there will always appear new guests in our herd. The bigger ones jump over fences like horses. It's not nice to come to the herd and find a big old dairy bull walking around. Plus we know that they have attacked people. Last year one big bull appeared in our herd and stayed there for a couple days. Tried to call for his owner-never answered, sent many messages, but he did nothing. There is a pbr Limousine bull in our herd, but he still is young.
    After we lost any hope somehow managed to put a rope on the dairy bull's horns and tied him to the tree. Our bull did all other job.
    That neighbour never took good care of his cattle. He never milks his cows, had many dead animals during winters, saw one cow dead in the field in the summer due to not being able to calve and etc. Our local veterinary inspection does nothing too.
    Not a nice feeling, but better than risk your family's and animals health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

That's nuts.
    golodge wrote: »
    Had done something similar last year. A couple our cows pastures are next to one neighbor's pasture. We have a suckler herd, he has dairy cattle. In that pasture he always keeps young and elder bulls, starting from 1 year up to 5 or even over, not castrated. Once we move next to those pastures there will always appear new guests in our herd. The bigger ones jump over fences like horses. It's not nice to come to the herd and find a big old dairy bull walking around. Plus we know that they have attacked people. Last year one big bull appeared in our herd and stayed there for a couple days. Tried to call for his owner-never answered, sent many messages, but he did nothing. There is a pbr Limousine bull in our herd, but he still is young.
    After we lost any hope somehow managed to put a rope on the dairy bull's horns and tied him to the tree. Our bull did all other job.
    That neighbour never took good care of his cattle. He never milks his cows, had many dead animals during winters, saw one cow dead in the field in the summer due to not being able to calve and etc. Our local veterinary inspection does nothing too.
    Not a nice feeling, but better than risk your family's and animals health.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Sultan heifer calf I was dehorning today for a fella, about 3 weeks old. Cracker imo!

8PrZRMfl.jpg

zoMtwrJl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

Fill ye're boots ladies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Fill ye're boots ladies

Jesus, some job keeping grass in front of that lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Jesus, some job keeping grass in front of that lot.

There's a sheet of mirror half way down the field :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Sultan heifer calf I was dehorning today for a fella, about 3 weeks old. Cracker imo!
    Yer man has a fine set up. Sultan is a great bull. I got super calves from him from my worst cow. Cam he still be got?

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

Muckit wrote: »
    There's a sheet of mirror half way down the field :D

Lol, they're actually the Feburary calves cows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Yer man has a fine set up. Sultan is a great bull. I got super calves from him from my worst cow. Cam he still be got?

No it's a pain in the hole to work at! Cows in a byre in that door that's at the end of the crush but there's dry pens opposite and the cattle go mad when you're dehorning in that wee pen. Can be awkward getting the cows to take the sharp turn up the crush too.

He said Sultan can't be got anymore but I'm sure there's straws to be found somewhere.

Fill ye're boots ladies

That's some field of cows! Your on a different scale altogether. Lovely pic.

My little whitehead flying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

My little whitehead flying it.

Bauld head on him. Looks more like a shorthorn

Advertisement