Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

tellmeabit wrote: »
    Anyone cross an Angus with white charolais? What way would they turn out? What colour
    A bad grey that doesn't help them if I remember but I might be thinking on another cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

IH784man wrote: »
    A bad grey that doesn't help them if I remember but I might be thinking on another cross.

Grey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

tellmeabit wrote: »
    Anyone cross an Angus with white charolais? What way would they turn out? What colour
    did that last year and got a mixture of whites and the mousey browns but didn't stop lads buying them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

High bike wrote: »
    did that last year and got a mixture of whites and the mousey browns but didn't stop lads buying them:D

The first heifer I bought was a mousey Brown Charolais, great cow, lots of milk & great calves

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Used ai on a nice white heifer she will be calving at 20 months to TUBRIDMORE GIZMO (RGZ). Probably should have used easy calving lim. Be interested to see what comes of it

Have a few greys from crossing with bb bulls in past. They threw lovely whites with Mozart stock bull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

This Lad weighted in at 1050kg, few months to decide on next bull.
    Any suggestions. Stick with the charolais?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

Glad to get this done on saturday, all tanks empty and never really marked the ground. Couldn't travel on the bit to the left of the field. £90/hr well spent. 5 hours had it all out. IMG_6364.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 10,819 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Glad to get this done on saturday, all tanks empty and never really marked the ground. Couldn't travel on the bit to the left of the field. £90/hr well spent. 5 hours had it all out. IMG_6364.JPG

Is that Lough Neagh in the background or the sea?

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

Ah Patsy, come on up for a geography lesson. That's Scotland you can make out in the distance, eleven nautical miles across.

Ah Patsy, come on up for a geography lesson. That's Scotland you can make out in the distance, eleven nautical miles across.

Anywhere near Cushendall? Neighbour (RIP) was married to a girl from there.

• Advertisement

Yeah, about 12 miles to Cushendall. Before they built the coast road folk would have travelled by boat to Scotland to trade as it was easier than getting to the local bigger market towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Cattle are back this year. Photos make them better than they are

Photo 1 -zll bull 6 months (going in runners tomorrow)
    Photo 2- butty zll bull calf and stock Bull LM heifer- 5 and 6 months (going in runners tomorrow)
    Photo 3- bull off stock LM- end of Jan. (Going next week hopefully)

Getting these ready to sell. Char heifer on right out of monty x Lim cow I bought and by old style char big frame bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭sonnybill

4 fistons gettin a bit to eat before departure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

sonnybill wrote: »

He can produce them in fairness to him.
    You've um nicely done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

Very nice, what kind of cows are those off?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Great calves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Crackers, I seen a heifer very like them Feb born make €1080 at 380kg in kk last week.

tanko wrote: »
    Very nice, what kind of cows are those off?

3 whites are off char X cows, greyer muscley one is out of the 2nd calver black lim 2nd in from camera , she born first week in May so just bare 5 months

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    He can produce them in fairness to him.
    You've um nicely done.

They got most from grazing ahead of cows but starting to eat now if they get it, still no weight in them as April calves .. Lost a month last year on most of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

They got most from grazing ahead of cows but starting to eat now if they get it, still no weight in them as April calves .. Lost a month last year on most of them

Is Fiston the most popular PG CH bull?
    Does the cow need height?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭croot

Is Fiston the most popular PG CH bull?
    Does the cow need height?

I find she does. Any fiston I've had from a butty cow is a butty calf.

LZF seems to be bringing height but still easy enough calved. I've only one so far but a friend has a few and they are nice.

croot wrote: »

LZF seems to be bringing height but still easy enough calved. I've only one so far but a friend has a few and they are nice.

Exactly what ICBF are saying. Fiston at 14% for height and LZF at 62%.
    Super calves there Sonnybill. Should easiliy make €3/kg.

Exactly what ICBF are saying. Fiston at 14% for height and LZF at 62%.
    Super calves there Sonnybill. Should easiliy make €3/kg.

Yeah I'd second that height may be an issue with FSZ. I kept a Nov born weanling out of him but she out of my biggest cow so I'll judge Fiston on her as cow, bundles of rep stars and super heifer but hope she grows a bit more

Not farming, but I was reading today of another foreign fisherman washed up on the west coast. The total disregard for their own safety is unreal. I took this picture the last time I was out fishing. This foreign guy near me fishing down on a ledge that was washed by about a foot of water on every swell. His young son was fishing up high on the verge of the cliff on the left.

Never seen an Irish guy ever do anything like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

croot wrote: »

Big lad is lzf and purebred.
    Smaller lad is csq.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Not farming, but I was reading today of another foreign fisherman washed up on the west coast. The total disregard for their own safety is unreal. I took this picture the last time I was out fishing. This foreign guy near me fishing down on a ledge that was washed by about a foot of water on every swell. His young son was fishing up high on the verge of the cliff on the left.

That's nothing new really, they definitely don't seem to have any respect for the sea whether that's because they weren't brought up around it and don't understand the dangers and how big the swells can be on the west coast even on a calm day or not I don't know. I think I know that spot, just fifty yards on the bally side of the lighthouse. No place to be standing on a choppy day.

That's nothing new really, they definitely don't seem to have any respect for the sea whether that's because they weren't brought up around it and don't understand the dangers and how big the swells can be on the west coast even on a calm day or not I don't know. I think I know that spot, just fifty yards on the bally side of the lighthouse. No place to be standing on a choppy day.

That's the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Due to a healthy fear of water (I nearly drowned when I was younger) I normally wear my auto pfd when shore fishing unless its at my local river or lake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Irish Beef

A few boys ready to be weaned at weekend

Advertisement