Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Took this girl out to the calving pen today so can get a proper look at her. She'll always be small- mother was a heifer, grandmother was a heifer- but she's actually fairly well nailed together and has a lovely bag forming. She's off THZ, not renowned for milk but guess I'll find out!

Crappy maternal & milk on paper, real life tells a different tale though!:D
    Nice little saler heifer off Ulsan.
    6cGWOaPh.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭furandfeather

Isl heifer on the left and dickens heifer on the right

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

2 beauties

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Ura middling auld stock, look I'll do you a favour and take um off your hands. They'll probably never come to anything but sure better me to take the hit then you. I can collect um next week. You probably just want to see the back of them at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭furandfeather

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Ura middling auld stock, look I'll do you a favour and take um off your hands. They'll probably never come to anything but sure better me to take the hit then you. I can collect um next week. You probably just want to see the back of them at this stage.

That's fierce sound of ya, really appreciate it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

That's fierce sound of ya, really appreciate it!

Sure I'm sound out that way, did you pick them up in the mart ya did?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

New jock landed yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

New jock landed yesterday.

Fine animal, i see he has bonjovi breeding in him. Bonjovi was a great bull. He has no stars though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Fine animal, i see he has bonjovi breeding in him. Bonjovi was a great bull. He has no stars though?

F**k the stars. His genotyping not gone through yet and he's borderline aswell so might go up. Doesn't matter anyway, the limmy has stars coming out his ears so I'm covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Reggie. wrote: »
    8mm is the right size for that job. The einbocks had 6mm which were far too light

Another sample. It really takes out the rubbish. ☺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Sadly allot of good bulls are the same

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Another sample. It really takes out the rubbish. ☺

You seem happy enough

Reggie. wrote: »
    You seem happy enough

Delighted. This one was only grazed fully yesterday. They wouldnt eat any more. Whatever crap yellow grass that was left is now ripped to shreds.☺

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Delighted. This one was only grazed fully yesterday. They wouldnt eat any more. Whatever crap yellow grass that was left is now ripped to shreds.☺

That'll all rot back into the pasture now aswell. A bag of granlime per acre wouldn't hurt now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

What make is it?

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

What make is it?

Rakeman 3000. Seems very strong. If i dont take the piss and store it for winter I'll have it for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Years? As my oul lad would say, 'it'll see u out!' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Muckit wrote: »
    Years? As my oul lad would say, 'it'll see u out!' ;)

Precisely! Sure our old PZ haybob is nearly as old as my father, was bought by the grandfather with a grant maybe 40yrs ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭sonnybill

Fiston son, figaro Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭croot

Hoping for a bit of warm weather soon because shed space is rapidly running out. These two calved at the weekend. After 5 attempts using AHC I finally got a heifer

446135.JPG

And then this monster landed. LZF heifer calf at 295 days. A fair pull with the jack but once the head came she wasn't to bad but I did have to put the ropes above the knees because she was the length of the jack at that stage. She is easily as big as calves born 3 weeks ago.

446134.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

Anybody ever see anything like this before. Nearly all the cattle have it but the white one is the worst. She has lesions on tail and hook bones aswell.

I treated them with spotinor a few weeks after housing but this flared up about 2 months back. I sprayed them with Taktick 3 weeks ago and that made no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭sonnybill

RobinBanks wrote: »
    Anybody ever see anything like this before. Nearly all the cattle have it but the white one is the worst. She has lesions on tail and hook bones aswell.

I treated them with spotinor a few weeks after housing but this flared up about 2 months back. I sprayed them with Taktick 3 weeks ago and that made no difference.

I had that on 5 replacement heifers that were in and out of shed and got orl den painted it on 3 days apart and it cured it the finest ,

Call michael he post it out E12.00 I think for the small pot

https://www.orldenlivestockproducts.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭tanko

Looks like ringworm to me, this winter has to be the worst ever for it for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

tanko wrote: »
    Looks like ringworm to me, this winter has to be the worst ever for it for some reason.

+1 on the ringworm. Had some like that here a few years ago on a few cattle. A combination of iodine rubbed in and Imaverol got rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

Parishlad wrote: »
    +1 on the ringworm. Had some like that here a few years ago on a few cattle. A combination of iodine rubbed in and Imaverol got rid of it.

I thought only young cattle get ringworm ? These are cows that have it.

Thanks for letting me know what it is lads

Funny but I had a lot of it here last year, but none this year.

And you'd wonder how they loose tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

12 month old weanling Bulls, out of ardlea Dan stock bull, 2 are out of the lmxfr cows. Hopefully going in the next 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Funny but I had a lot of it here last year, but none this year.
    Dont laugh Patsy but I had it here for 3 yrs ,hung up the holly in the shed last year and this year and no ringworm:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

RobinBanks wrote: »

im no expert but I doubt that’s ringworm

Advertisement