Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

New grass please!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Savage day here. Got the winterage all leveled and grass seed out on any bare spots.
    Weapons of choice in final photo.☺

Was at it today aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Reggie. wrote: »
    Was at it today aswell

Can<mod snip>away now!!!

Can rain away now!!!

Oh no you didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Can rain away now!!!

Wheres buford with his ban hammer :P

• Advertisement

ganmo wrote: »
    Wheres buford with his ban hammer :P

Bet he's in bed the lazy swine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Bet he's in bed the lazy swine
    I was fencing yesterday so I had to rest the hammer for a night.

Plus I fell asleep eating my supper, finished it at 3am, 'twas lovely:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Runts don't usually have to come out the side door :pac:
    lP2Z3kQl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭tanko

Is thst a KJB calf, was the heifer just too fat?

tanko wrote: »
    Is thst a KJB calf, was the heifer just too fat?

Calf is by Alwent Hitman, polled ch. Only went a few days over his time, cow is a pb 2nd calver by Virginia Andy.
    He not only came backwards but her pelvis is wrong, comes into a sharp spike at the bottom and we were stuck at calfs tailbone so had no other option. Last years calf was tiny so came out easy enough with a pull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

At leaat you dont have to dehorn him. Will you use that bull again?

At leaat you dont have to dehorn him. Will you use that bull again?

Well tis not the bulls fault he couldn't come out so I'd have no qualms using him again! I've a cow here by him too but amn't too fond of her either. Nice cow, has great milk and had a lovely saler heifer last year as a first calver but she's a bit daft. Wouldn't trust her too much.

I may convert to milking!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,622 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Those of you with young kids will recognise this

whelan2 wrote: »
    Those of you with young kids will recognise this

Walt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

I may convert to milking!!!
    Would she take a second calf?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,622 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Walt
    It's the mickey mouse clubhouse....

Would she take a second calf?

Wouldnt be a bad idea i suppose but her udder is so big only two teats are accessible. Havent the time or motivation to do it really.
    Shes one of the two PAM cows left here and she’s a pig ignorant, stubborn, bad mannered, contrary, thick yoke so i dont think she’d take kindly to anorher calf.
    That calf is an SFL bull, he’s a dopey calf and it doesnt take much milk to keep him happy. The last two years she had ZAG bulls which sucked her a lot more. If i had any sense this would be her last calf but i’ll see how she goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Wouldnt be a bad idea i suppose but her udder is so big only two teats are accessible. Havent the time or motivation to do it really.
    Shes one of the two PAM cows left here and she’s a pig ignorant, stubborn, bad mannered, contrary, thick yoke so i dont think she’d take kindly to anorher calf.
    That calf is an SFL bull, he’s a dopey calf and it doesnt take much milk to keep him happy. The last two years she had ZAG bulls which sucked her a lot more. If i had any sense this would be her last calf but i’ll see how she goes.

Pam cows here werent the greatest milkers but they possessed the stubborn quality. A bit on low side

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭sonnybill

ADX fancy lady pity they have no milk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I was fencing yesterday so I had to rest the hammer for a night.

Plus I fell asleep eating my supper, finished it at 3am, 'twas lovely:rolleyes:

Only catching up now - saw you finished the fencing at 3am in the morning! jeez you're fierce into the work altogether :eek:

Can I get you to do a few fencing jobs around here at night? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Pam cows here werent the greatest milkers but they possessed the stubborn quality. A bit on low side
    have 3 2 yo first time calvers here by a PAM bull out of AAx cows and they seem to have a nice drop of milk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

sonnybill wrote: »
    ADX fancy lady pity they have no milk

All ADX calves are born that way. Great width and bone structure to them. They all lack milk but if the cow is any way milky, you could chance them as replacements.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭sonnybill

All ADX calves are born that way. Great width and bone structure to them. They all lack milk but if the cow is any way milky, you could chance them as replacements.

Great terminal bull no doubt though, mother is BB X and nice little wide cow but not a super milker but just enough to get the job done, 4 th calver 4 ADX heifers out of 4 , 3 black 1 red, actually first one was my own ADX sired bull

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Two nice keepers, first one by a bossman bull second by a dru bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Two nice keepers, first one by a bossman bull second by a dru bull.

Christ there 2 beauties. Fair play to you. It'll be nice seeing them come on and getting ready bulling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

ive an adx heifer calving here in 3 weeks, got her scanned a secound time cause she was so tight. barley now even notice a dug on her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Pidae.m wrote: »
    ive an adx heifer calving here in 3 weeks, got her scanned a secound time cause she was so tight. barley now even notice a dug on her

By dug do you mean a springing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    By dug do you mean a springing?

Another word for an udder, would be used a good bit around here aswell.

• Advertisement

Speaking of springing, Odd-Ear the second is springing up well, few days over to a saler. This girl is a KOY blonde off a Tarot cow.

Advertisement