Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Give them a veggie curry

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Donegalforever

I would welcome some information on the use of Spirovav Vaccine.

The information that I have is that once the Vial is breached it should be used within 10 hours.
    I opened a new vial today to inject a heifer that I bought. After drawing 2 ml, I sellotaped the vial and put same in the fridge.
    Would the contents of the vial be good enough to use again in 4 weeks time in order to complete the initial vaccination course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

292 & 290 days. Let them out to see if it would help!!

BtH0sqwh.jpg
    The nearest one is a smasher what ar.e they incalf to?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,622 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I would welcome some information on the use of Spirovav Vaccine.

The information that I have is that once the Vial is breached it should be used within 10 hours.
    I opened a new vial today to inject a heifer that I bought. After drawing 2 ml, I sellotaped the vial and put same in the fridge.
    Would the contents of the vial be good enough to use again in 4 weeks time in order to complete the initial vaccination course.
    No I wouldnt chance it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

High bike wrote: »
    The nearest one is a smasher what ar.e they incalf to?

That's my Odd-Ear :D
    She's in calf to Ecolo the culard again and the limo has THZ but am worried cause she's huuuuge.

• Advertisement

She's in calf to Ecolo the culard again and the limo has THZ but am worried cause she's huuuuge.
    only 4.5% CD so should be ok

only 4.5% CD so should be ok

Yea I used him a lot on heifers but she had a big calf to EBY last year too & she wasn't as big looking as this year!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Yea I used him a lot on heifers but she had a big calf to EBY last year too & she wasn't as big looking as this year!:(

Worrying is absolute stupidity. Especially when its very unlikely to happen

Worrying is absolute stupidity. Especially when its very unlikely to happen

There's a difference between being over worried and being sensible enough to be cautious and want to be here for her calving due to issues last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Maybe Odd-Ear is carying twin heifers, Left Odd-Ear and Right Odd Ear.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Advertisement

Maybe Odd-Ear is carying twin heifers, Left Odd-Ear and Right Odd Ear.

Ha! Loe & Roe. She carried 19 days last year, that's just about up tomorrow i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

First good day since July

• Registered Users Posts: 24,451 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Pidae.m wrote: »
    First good day since July

Big reseeded field there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭tanko

Handy little three year old KJB x EPN second calver with a EBY bull calf.
    Used EBY on a few second calvers for the first time this year, pretty impressed with them, easy calved and nice muscle and shape to them.
    Do they stay a bit small as they grow up?

tanko wrote: »
    Handy little three year old KJB x EPN second calver with a EBY bull calf.
    Used EBY on a few second calvers for the first time this year, pretty impressed with them, easy calved and nice muscle and shape to them.
    Do they stay a bit small as they grow up?

Wouldn't say so. Have 2 out of cwi cows and one is extremely tall and other is average

Big Ecolo bull. not as much arse as his sister last year! No problems calving, just ropes.
    W5gZpVNl.jpg

Big Ecolo bull. not as much arse as his sister last year! No problems calving, just ropes.
    W5gZpVNl.jpg
    look at the hole on that lad

look at the hole on that lad

He's actually rather plain when dried off! He's big & wide and well fed with a deep tail, but not got the panache the heifer last year had imo. Won't go hungry anyway! :D

tJumeDJl.jpg

He's actually rather plain when dried off! He's big & wide and well fed with a deep tail, but not got the panache the heifer last year had imo. Won't go hungry anyway! :D

tJumeDJl.jpg

He wont be special but he'll be a valuable type

He wont be special but he'll be a valuable type

Nice framed goldy! That's all you want in a mart to see some folks chomping at the bit to bid :D
    Blue for her next year, pull back her calving date a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭golodge

Nice calf! Post his photos later, when he starts shaping up. No culards aroung here, so it's very interesting for me to see how they work in other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Nice framed goldy! That's all you want in a mart to see some folks chomping at the bit to bid :D

Give him time, he could pass out last year's heifer yet. The breeding is in him. He'll be a different calf in 3months

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

tJumeDJl.jpg

What's the cow by? Great bag of milk.

I'll see him better in 3 weeks cause that's when the heifer started to come into her own. Either way i'm pleased with him & the cow cause he's not small.
    Cow is a Kilmoney Bruce blonde out of a pb Navarin cow. Only starting to look a proper cow now at 5.

Bbq calf out of Pam cow
    451770.jpg

Ch2304 out of red limo
    451771.jpg

Kjb out of adx
    451772.jpg

Ecolo out of aza
    451773.jpg

Fgg heifer and unexpected calf
    451774.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Bbq calf out of Pam cow
    451770.jpg

Ch2304 out of red limo
    451771.jpg

Kjb out of adx
    451772.jpg

Ecolo out of aza
    451773.jpg

Fgg heifer and unexpected calf
    451774.jpg
    Lovely stock as always
    Would you of kept the FGG heifer for breeding & what you think of FGG?

Lovely stock as always
    Would you of kept the FGG heifer for breeding & what you think of FGG?

She was sold. Was stumpy then and stumpy now. Decent bag though. Fgg had nice stock, wouldnt of used only for we bought in a cow incalf to him amd she had a nice calf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭stanflt

Lovely sunny Sunday morning for herding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

stanflt wrote: »
    Lovely sunny Sunday morning for herding

There well put together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭golodge

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Nice framed goldy! That's all you want in a mart to see some folks chomping at the  bit to bid :D

Give him time, he could pass out last year's heifer yet. The breeding is in him. He'll be a different calf in 3months

Yep, I was thinking the same. One year had a heifer born, which already was all round and muscled, turned into a fine girl. Next year her dam had a heifer from the same bull- plain, narrow, much smaller. But you were able to see how she started filling up in days. At a month age she was no worse looking than her sister. She grew into a nicer animal quickly.

Advertisement