Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

The boss here. Bred him myself. By Ardlea Dan.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Sold these lads today....only average, all Jul - Sept 17

edit:- that pic doesn't do em justice in fairness they were nice cattle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

"Any discrepancies should be taken up with mart immediately." ..... out of interest how many of ye take note of price at fall of hammer yerselves when in sellers box?
    I only say it as it happened to me on 2 seperate occasions that clerks slip was down €100 on an animal in bunch of singles l sold like that on the day. I made sure to get it sorted. "To err is human", but it made me wonder how easy it could be done and say an older lad or anyone trusting the slip as gospel.....

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Muckit wrote: »
    "Any discrepancies should be taken up with mart immediately." ..... out of interest how many of ye take note of price at fall of hammer yerselves when in sellers box?
    I only say it as it happened to me on 2 seperate occasions that clerks slip was down €100 on an animal in bunch of singles l sold like that on the day. I made sure to get it sorted. "To err is human", but it made me wonder how easy it could be done and say an older lad or anyone trusting the slip as gospel.....

I always write down the price for everything sold. I just normally use the envelope that I get the numbers in and write Lot/Weight/Price and note those details for each lot sold. I have a terrible memory anyway so that's the main reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Always have a pen and paper noting it here too

• Advertisement

Happened me twice in Ennis Mart. Fuming over it when it happened the second time. Disputed it with the office girl and the buyer (dealer) happened to walk in at the time. He said no, the price down was right. I held my ground and they said they would check it on the tape. They rang me before I got home to say I was right.
    Now for it to happen once was ok, but it got very suspicious when it happened the second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,270 ✭✭✭tanko

TKO x HE cow, XCD heifer calf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭White Clover

tanko wrote: »

Quality stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭furandfeather

Now that's a great calf

Lovely heifer. How easily calved was she? XCD figures very good for calving?

• Advertisement

Thanks, yeah shes a nice looking calf alrite, if only they were all as good.
    That cow is nine now, very quiet and has a good calf every year.
    XCD is easy calved on cows, seems to breed nice stuff, Frosty King in PG is a full brother to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

Happened me twice in Ennis Mart. Fuming over it when it happened the second time. Disputed it with the office girl and the buyer (dealer) happened to walk in at the time. He said no, the price down was right. I held my ground and they said they would check it on the tape. They rang me before I got home to say I was right.
    Now for it to happen once was ok, but it got very suspicious when it happened the second time.

Happened me in Ennis before aswell. Went up to the office to get a sale report for dad and it was 30 euro less than what the hammer dropped at 10 minutes before hand. Don't know if it was an honest mistake or they chancing their arm thinking "that young lad wont notice".😅

rushvalley wrote: »
    Happened me in Ennis before aswell. Went up to the office to get a sale report for dad and it was 30 euro less than what the hammer dropped at 10 minutes before hand. Don't know if it was an honest mistake or they chancing their arm thinking "that young lad wont notice".��

If it was an honest mistake then the price should be too high as often as too low. Always too low, not an honest mistake in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TPF2012

If it was an honest mistake then the price should be too high as often as too low. Always too low, not an honest mistake in my book.

Why would the mart skim the price, would they be not losing money on commission?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,602 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

TPF2012 wrote: »
    Why would the mart skim the price, would they be not losing money on commission?

Keeps the dealers sweet though for repeat custom.

Go into a Mart canteen and see who gets a dinner or shares a table with the manager/auctioneer.

10/1 it won't be sellers.

A custom around here used to be a few quid left behind the bar for Mart workers and auctioneer from a few dealers.

TPF2012 wrote: »
    You can use your imagination on that one. Ask yourself who does gain by it.

The bull from Leitrim!!

By Westellen Diego.

He likes his grub.
    Very good temperament too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

pedigree?

wiggy123 wrote: »
    pedigree?

Pure bred Angus.
    Pedigree registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

fine bull.. he adds bit power to the angus breed I find! have a nice yearling hfr by him-ai'd her yesterday-shes thick, also ai'd a lady to him again this year! adds bit more, to the more femine/light angus type females

• Advertisement

View out office window today. Rowing up silage out near the shannon estuary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

New record 80ish kg. Glorieux xgl son done the damage. He is already been fed to be hung up after a painful spring with him. Never had a lay a hand on that cow till now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

As much the proportions as the size with him. He looks all shoulder!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Cracker of a ZKY calf. Pity about the gammy front leg.

As much the proportions as the size with him. He looks all shoulder!

Photos are crap, mother is a bb off fhz would not help but like I said never any trouble with the ch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Pidae.m wrote: »
    Photos are crap, mother is a bb off fhz would not help but like I said never any trouble with the ch

Many needing assistance ?
    Many sections?
    Good calf but i wouldnt like to have too many of them.....

Very inconsistent, some handy calves and some heartbreakers. Ahhhh even thinking back on it now. I told my wife one night last April I'm selling every single suckler in the place......yet to get around to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Bigbird1

Cracker of a ZKY calf. Pity about the gammy front leg.

Who has straws off this bull ??

Great calf

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

A few springers calving in Dec with the help of god.

Pic 1: DBZ
    Pic 2: S655
    Pic 3: BBQ
    Pic 4: Balto

• Advertisement

Very nice, what bull did you put on them?

Advertisement