Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

If I remember right, you have it a few years. Are you getting good results with it?

I find it very good.

But It's slow work and hard to get a window every year. The thing is in weather like this when ground conditions are excellent, it's the last thing on your mind but that's when u need to ve doing a bit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Can post this now :D
    The old Copperbelly reliving her glory days.

DgnNjLFXUAALtsn.jpg

DgnNtfLWsAEyTQ3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

RobinBanks wrote: »
    Exact same as my one so. When is ideal time to use it? Very dry weather like now or in spring time when there is some "give" in the ground

I think now. Ground that needs it will still have plenty of moisture down where the mole is working. Grass might be burning but established mature trees with deep roots are doing ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,270 ✭✭✭tanko

Grueller wrote: »
    I have similar looking vegetation her Tanko but it is brown in colour. Are they related I wonder?

As long as its edible it’ll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

A good advertisement for mayo:p

That's probably the local Football pitch, They won't be needing it this year so they turned a few sheep into it to keep it down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,270 ✭✭✭tanko

RobinBanks wrote: »
    Lm2014 to these and blonde bull kilboy frank to the lim heifers. Will post pic of them tomorrow

Did you get any pics of those Lim heifers??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

More grass in Alberta today than itback home.
    Wheat crops look alright from the road but looked very patchy from the air flying in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

More grass in Alberta today than itback home.
    Wheat crops look alright from the road but looked very patchy from the air flying in.

Are you off to the Stampede?

Are you off to the Stampede?

You betcha!

Got good seats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,451 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Got good seats

Seen that

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭cacs

Reggie. wrote: »
    Seen that
    I hope this photo uploads. Would you keep this heifer for breeding to a lim again or is she too muscled

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

I hope this photo uploads. Would you keep this heifer for breeding to a lim again or is she too muscled

Personally i wouldnt......but that would be more because i prefer xharolais and blue calfs rather than limos
    Iirc you have a limo bull though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

If your happy with her breeding then I'd keep her. She's a cracker by the way. She'll be a different animal by the time she's calving down. I've kept plenty of muscled heifer like her or even more extreme. Everyone would tell you that your looking for trouble when there that age but when they start growing there frame they transform.

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    If your happy with her breeding then I'd keep her. She's a cracker by the way. She'll be a different animal by the time she's calving down. I've kept plenty of muscled heifer like her or even more extreme. Everyone would tell you that your looking for trouble when there that age but when they start growing there frame they transform.

Cherrs for that. I put another e grade heifer off that bull incalf shes a cracker aswell. I was always told teht e grades are poor calfers. I dont use bulls above calfing dif of 5. The jack has rusty as hell. I am delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Agree with last comment. If she grows away, you will have a better idea then if she's suitable. Is she by lodge hamlet, by any chance?.
    Looks like his offspring.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

Agree with last comment. If she grows away, you will have a better idea then if she's suitable. Is she by lodge hamlet, by any chance?.
    Looks like his offspring.
    No shes off a proctors cavalier bull and i think the cow was off an lim bull ere or ery crazy calf dif on the bull the cow was out of 22% last time i looked

No shes off a proctors cavalier bull and i think the cow was off an lim bull ere or ery crazy calf dif on the bull the cow was out of 22% last time i looked

I remember you showing her to us as a heifer (the ere cow). Have two ERE cows here and they put great back ends on their offspring alright. Am keeping one this year, would be about the same age as yours, not as highly muscled though.
    But as above, she'll grow into her frame and lose some of that arse of hers, Id take into account how her mother calves too

I remember you showing her to us as a heifer (the ere cow). Have two ERE cows here and they put great back ends on their offspring alright. Am keeping one this year, would be about the same age as yours, not as highly muscled though.
    But as above, she'll grow into her frame and lose some of that arse of hers, Id take into account how her mother calves too

I only have the one ERE cow. I have another cow that threw an E grade Heifer last year. The ERE cow is wrecked after her first calf. I bought her as an Incalf heifer and she came with a monster. Got the vet and pulled the calf just about. Calf Died on the jack. Cow is wrecked. had a little pull with this heifer this year. Slight lock at the hips, nothing major at all. Any cow would be the same. I know with that ERE line its not a great Line to be keeping but i would like to take a shot at keeping her.

I only have the one ERE cow. I have another cow that threw an E grade Heifer last year. The ERE cow is wrecked after her first calf. I bought her as an Incalf heifer and she came with a monster. Got the vet and pulled the calf just about. Calf Died on the jack. Cow is wrecked. had a little pull with this heifer this year. Slight lock at the hips, nothing major at all. Any cow would be the same. I know with that ERE line its not a great Line to be keeping but i would like to take a shot at keeping her.

Perhaps i'm mixing you up with someone else! Apologies :)

George the culard here enjoying the heatwave.
    Dhk_WYiW4AA2-Ca.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Perhaps i'm mixing you up with someone else! Apologies :)

George the culard here enjoying the heatwave.
    Dhk_WYiW4AA2-Ca.jpg

You cant beat the muscle in the cow...have a few charolais cows that are impossible to put shape like that lad on a calf

I would breed her alright but i’d Probably use a good angus first time out. Play the long game

Got good seats

Oops!

Second time of trying

You cant beat the muscle in the cow...have a few charolais cows that are impossible to put shape like that lad on a calf

There was a great blue a few years ago that brought bone with ch cows, Westside Bob was his name.
    Second time of trying

Try again!

I give up

These foxes are elusive boyos. Can you spot him in the photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Pie Man

2nlfmdv.png

Found this stone today. Very rounded and smooth. I reckon it's a flour stone as according to old maps, there was once a house at the spot. Up on a hill, far from any river. What you reckon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Found this stone today. Very rounded and smooth. I reckon it's a flour stone as according to old maps, there was once a house at the spot. Up on a hill, far from any river. What you reckon?
    I wonder could it be a sling shot stone?
    I thought that flour stones were more oblong in shape?

Advertisement