Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Would ye chance selling her at a mart?
    Depends if you want to take a bad price for her.
    If she was mine I would keep her at home and feed her on.

The leg may not become a problem but be aware that four legged animals carry two thirds of their weight on their front legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Would u think about putting her in the freezer, at least your getting value for her that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Round here they announce her as caught her leg in the trailer on the way in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Pidae.m wrote: »
    Round here they announce her as caught her leg in the trailer on the way in :)

We Lady Gaga it, baby she was born this way! :pac::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

No. I’d say finish her yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Are you set up to push her hard in the shed? If not might be as well rid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

A bit of ground I got to tidy up this year. Was like the neighbours bit across the way last year. Tidyed up the trenches around it, sprayed it, 3 bags of 18-6-12 and 4 bags of gran lime to the acre and topped it about a month after spraying. Still needs a few tile drans pulled in it but a massive improvement none the less. Nothing but rushes and moss in it this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

A bit of ground I got to tidy up this year. Was like the neighbours bit across the way last year. Tidyed up the trenches around it, sprayed it, 3 bags of 18-6-12 and 4 bags of gran lime to the acre and topped it about a month after spraying. Still needs a few tile drans pulled in it but a massive improvement none the less. Nothing but rushes and moss in it this time last year.

Do you harrow to get rid of moss? Did something similar myself this year to bit of ground. And it's coming along. Didn't spray it all. Going cutting rushes this week now.ground is rough poached a bit but great year for this type of work. Lime after I cut the rushes. 18 6 12 gone out. Regret not taking before pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

tellmeabit wrote: »
    Do you harrow to get rid of moss? Did something similar myself this year to bit of ground. And it's coming along. Didn't spray it all. Going cutting rushes this week now.ground is rough poached a bit but great year for this type of work. Lime after I cut the rushes. 18 6 12 gone out. Regret not taking before pics.

No I reckoned the lime killed it off. It's gone anyway.

2 & 1/2 months, culard surpassing his sister. Gonna stick a rope on him during the week.

Dj70R6_WwAACxKX.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭furandfeather

2 & 1/2 months, culard surpassing his sister. Gonna stick a rope on him during the week.

Dj70R6_WwAACxKX.jpg

A beaut. That a blonde cow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

No I reckoned the lime killed it off. It's gone anyway.

I had 1 field with lots of moss in it, the sun this summer has got rid of every bit of it.

A beaut. That a blonde cow?

Blonde off a pb lim cow. AI'ed to TVR 2 weeks ago and beginning to regret not using the culard again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Blonde off a pb lim cow. AI'ed to TVR 2 weeks ago and beginning to regret not using the culard again.

Id be giving her a maternal limo tbh

Id be giving her a maternal limo tbh

She's only young, that's her third calf. Plenty of time yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭Grueller

Dj70R6_WwAACxKX.jpg

Absolute smasher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Dj70R6_WwAACxKX.jpg

Christ he's after coming along. What'd I tell you.

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Christ he's after coming along. What'd I tell you.

I bow to your superior wisdom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

He got da booty!

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

He got da booty!

he-doooo-50trpf.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

He's actually rather plain when dried off! He's big & wide and well fed with a deep tail, but not got the panache the heifer last year had imo. Won't go hungry anyway! :D

tJumeDJl.jpg
    He wont be special but he'll be a valuable type
    Shows how much i know. "Wont be special":o:rolleyes:

Shows how much i know. "Wont be special":o:rolleyes:

But he ain't anything special yet! He's a nice calf but I see lots of nice calves at shows too. Very hard to judge a calf at a day old, never mind a few hours old. Must see if i can get him eating a bit of crunch or nuts, haven't seen him in the creep with the older ones yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Umpire straw would be nice in her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Umpire straw would be nice in her.

Cloughhead Umpire ?

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

Cloughhead Umpire ?

Ya super bull.

Ya super bull.

Jeez, stars falling out his hole!! Looks nice too, but don't know anyone with Powerful Genetics around here.

Jeez, stars falling out his hole!! Looks nice too, but don't know anyone with Powerful Genetics around here.

Powerful are gone. Revenue had a bit of a field day there. Elite pedigree stock him I think.

Powerful are gone. Revenue had a bit of a field day there. Elite pedigree stock him I think.

Ah! Now those I can get. Will see, she's 17 days today so might repeat yet. Would prefer to see some calves first though, have you any?

Ah! Now those I can get. Will see, she's 17 days today so might repeat yet. Would prefer to see some calves first though, have you any?

No im going using him on a few strong pedigree heifers soon. Iv seen some very nice calves off him from a friend that's used him. Strong heifers will calve him and cows will fart them out. He leaves a nice cow maker that's not to extreme.

• Advertisement

No im going using him on a few strong pedigree heifers soon. Iv seen some very nice calves off him from a friend that's used him. Strong heifers will calve him and cows will fart them out. He leaves a nice cow maker that's not to extreme.

Might buy a couple & leave them with my others until I see a few :)

Advertisement