Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Last of them weaned now, ear muffs at the ready for the next few days :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,438 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

That's these ladies happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

whelan2 wrote:
    has she enough milk for them?

She has for now anyhow , she is a limo out of fr and always had a bag of milk like a fr so fingers crossed .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Reggie. wrote: »

TWO nose rings, those rebels :D

Here's three weanling heifer arses as they're in being weaned. Mothers are in the far pen with two other cows in between that are getting dried off.
    29gKJtel.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Bigbird1

Kovu wrote: »
    TWO nose rings, those rebels :D

Here's three weanling heifer arses as they're in being weaned. Mothers are in the far pen with two other cows in between that are getting dried off.
    29gKJtel.jpg?1

The two outside ones are crackers,whats the breeding here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Last of them weaned now, ear muffs at the ready for the next few days :cool:

Those weanlings are a credit to you. Lovely even bunch with great bit of shape to them

Bigbird1 wrote: »
    The two outside ones are crackers,whats the breeding here?

Left is Crossmolina Euro out of a 3/4 lim 1/4 brfr dam, right is an ERE out of a navarin/ch dam. Both sold :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Reggie. wrote: »

Had to check the user again, are you also mad for Simmental?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Left is Crossmolina Euro out of a 3/4 lim 1/4 brfr dam, right is an ERE out of a navarin/ch dam. Both sold :)

Nice warm heifers. Pity they're sold, I'd go to €850 for that type of quality;)

Nice warm heifers. Pity they're sold, I'd go to €850 for that type of quality;)

G'way outta that ya cheapskate:D
    That's the crush setup in the background that I was trying to explain to you, we push the calves to jump out through the barrier and across to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Two on the left are 9 months and a year old. Two on the right are 15 months old. Not much in the difference. I might chance bulling them in spring even tho we usually let them get bigger. I'll see how they grow over the winter.

^^ Nice animals! And I'd almost eat that silage myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Bigbird1

Euro is a super bull,hard enough calved.i see his straws are available again too.had you any trouble calving him

Bigbird1 wrote: »
    Euro is a super bull,hard enough calved.i see his straws are available again too.had you any trouble calving him

Ya, she got stuck at the hips and had to run for help. Only trouble we had with him to be fair, had two sets of twins off him last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

How'd you sell them Kovu?

(phone wants to change your name to jovi :D)

just do it wrote: »
    How'd you sell them Kovu?

(phone wants to change your name to jovi :D)

Jon bon Kovu!

Eh, the vet bought one and the other was spotted by an eagle eyed fella :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Brass Tag

If my failing memory serves me right, the code for Euro is CXY.
    If so I have a similar heifer here kept back for breeding even though CXY has bad figures for milk.
    January heifer out of 50% lim / 50% Simmental cross cow. Big calf. Weighed 415kg yesterday. 1.5 kgs creep for past 6 weeks. Here's hoping she has milk!

They're both sold for breeding but that heifer is out of a Paco dam which has very high figures for milk and with the bit of fr in her too she should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Brass Tag wrote: »
    If my failing memory serves me right, the code for Euro is CXY.
    If so I have a similar heifer here kept back for breeding even though CXY has bad figures for milk.
    January heifer out of 50% lim / 50% Simmental cross cow. Big calf. Weighed 415kg yesterday. 1.5 kgs creep for past 6 weeks. Here's hoping she has milk!
    Cxy is cloverfield excellent. Think euro is csq.

Cxy is cloverfield excellent. Think euro is csq.

Supposed to be some great calves off CXY

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

AI Code:
    CSQ
    Animal Name: CROSSMOLINA EURO

From www.icbf.com :rolleyes:

Both Carcass Wt and Concormation are in the top 1% for the Char breed, and well proven too. A bit on the hard calving though.

I don't mind using a hard calving bull, once you're confident enough to calve her or know when a vet is needed......and you're happy to babysit half tonne animals when they're near calving:D

Sure ERE is 18.6%- Down from 23%.

Have a heifer due to WTB on Friday as well, he's 12.2%

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

I don't mind using a hard calving bull, once you're confident enough to calve her or know when a vet is needed......and you're happy to babysit half tonne animals when they're near calving:D

Sure ERE is 18.6%- Down from 23%.

Have a heifer due to WTB on Friday as well, he's 12.2%

Would you not be concerned about ceasarians at all

dh1985 wrote: »
    Would you not be concerned about ceasarians at all

At times. Only had five sections here in my time though and that was due to cows being overfat, not monsterous calves. We wouldn't normally put a blue on a heifer now tbh, can't remember who made thar call but she's not heavy looking and she's a huge framed heifer. Only mature (4 or 5 yr old) cows that have proven calving ability get the super hard calved bulls. Although looking at next year's bulls, I was a bit optimistic about them!! Lots of fgg and ere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭adne

Quality stock. What kinda $$$ you sell for

adne wrote: »
    Quality stock. What kinda $$$ you sell for

I won't disclose that but he can tell you if he likes!

I am a happy seller anyhow, hope he is as happy too.
    He can call her Kovu and then he'll be watching Kovu bulling in the fields next year :D:D

At times. Only had five sections here in my time though and that was due to cows being overfat, not monsterous calves. We wouldn't normally put a blue on a heifer now tbh, can't remember who made thar call but she's not heavy looking and she's a huge framed heifer. Only mature (4 or 5 yr old) cows that have proven calving ability get the super hard calved bulls. Although looking at next year's bulls, I was a bit optimistic about them!! Lots of fgg and ere.
    Can ERE be got as he's not in latest book. FGG looks the part & Indurain brought great stock

Farrell wrote: »
    Can ERE be got as he's not in latest book. FGG looks the part & Indurain brought great stock

Yea our AI man has a lot of him, bought 10 ERE straws off him to keep in the pot for me just in case he runs low. Perhaps he's not been used much this year as lads are wary of his calving diff? I know a lot of guys round here wouldn't touch him. Have two pb's in calf to him next year.

Was always a fan of Indurain, first bull calf I bred was by him so will always have a soft spot for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Winter grazing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭limo_100

Muckit wrote: »
    Winter grazing :)

are they new purchases muckit or your own?? what weights would they be

Advertisement