Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭Base price

A gem for us elder lemons :)

I was looking through an old filing cabinet for a horse related document and came across this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Nope, another fortnight I'd say. See a couple just starting to soften the smallest little bit.

5 calved here since Wednesday including 2 sets of twins not due till the 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

297 days isl heifer calf
    471871.jpg

Nice, they take a month before you'll like her, they take off after that. Like tanko said, good framed animals with milk and fertility in abundance.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I just had to capture this Screenshot taken from the Vegan & Vegetarian Forum ... See thread Title and inline Pre-calver advert :D

2t2w74.jpg

I'll get my coat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Don't think I've ever managed to do this with a Limousin before. Only the third time he's ever had one on & he was happy to have it put on in the pen!! Then did a couple of nice circles in the pen being tapped on by Dad :):)

RjHfv9Jl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭furandfeather

Don't think I've ever managed to do this with a Limousin before. Only the third time he's ever had one on & he was happy to have it put on in the pen!! Then did a couple of nice circles in the pen being tapped on by Dad :):)

RjHfv9Jl.jpg

Very good won't take him long to get the hang of it now. He heading to a sale?

Very good won't take him long to get the hang of it now. He heading to a sale?

Yea, he's going to a sale alright, just don't know which one yet! Have to get him ringed next week so going to have him half trained before then hopefully. Just turned a year old there this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

They have the field ploughed but don't think they missed a days thrive all winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

They have the field ploughed but don't think they missed a days thrive all winter.

Any charolais calves yet

Any charolais calves yet

No calf at all yet. There's a few softening to him alright but it'll be another week or two. Hopefully they won't be too big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I was back in the burren recently. Cattle happy out outside. I was in the area just south of Mullagh Mor near Fr. Ted house. Couldnt believe it. I literally went from complete rock to great land in a few metres. Some great walks there now. Must bring the dog the next time.

How do the cattle survive grazing on the road down a bit there from Fanore?

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

I was back in the burren recently. Cattle happy out outside. I was in the area just south of Mullagh Mor near Fr. Ted house. Couldnt believe it. I literally went from complete rock to great land in a few metres. Some great walks there now. Must bring the dog the next time.

How do the cattle survive grazing on the road down a bit there from Fanore?

They're used to the hardship :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Jaysus they are lovely heifers LC!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Was down that way last year, Them roads are narrow for walking & a hedge cutter was needed in places

Green cert adventures; pen of 20 triplets. Spot the odd ewe out :D

DzXcLs-XQAA27pu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,608 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

DzXcLs-XQAA27pu.jpg

The big yoke at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

DzXcLs-XQAA27pu.jpg

The horny?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

one with blue dot on her back(speckled face).. or all white face lady

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Border Leicester in the middle of pic. Going back to my green cert days ha. Thought they were giant rabbits

I was meaning the horny one :D:D But arguably everyone is correct!
    I did take a fancy to the texel headed one, she was very sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

I was meaning the horny one :D:D But arguably everyone is correct!
    I did take a fancy to the texel headed one, she was very sweet.

What they carrying to?

What they carrying to?

Texel, he'd been using suffolk the last few years but found that the ewes were getting very suffolky so the lamb were coming soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

DzXcLs-XQAA27pu.jpg

that horned ewe must have been well looked after to be carrying trips. I'd like to see the mountain she came off😁

A bit of Biophilia going on.
    On the silage ground.

20190218-150020.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Grueller

A bit of Biophilia going on.
    On the silage ground.

20190218-150020.jpg

Is that Croghan in the background? Annagh hill to its left background?

Grueller wrote: »
    Is that Croghan in the background? Annagh hill to its left background?

Different part of the county altogether.
    On the left is White Mountain. Right is Blackstairs Mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Grueller

Different part of the county altogether.
    On the left is White Mountain. Right is Blackstairs Mountain.

From that angle Croghan and blackstairs look very similar down to the fields running up along it.

Ringed at last! Norman is panned out behind him, we always get the vet to sedate them & do it for us.
    He was trying to eat silage & him half asleep, he looked eerily like me eating a kebab after 10 pints :pac:

tiy8710l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Sedation makes all those jobs so much easier

• Advertisement

Sedation makes all those jobs so much easier

Yea, by far. Had two to skull as well so they all got their shots & we all chatted while it went to work.

Advertisement