Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,610 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

valtra2 wrote: »
    Press legency and nothing happens. No paperclip icon. Just changed few days ago.

You're working off a phone I take it?

On my phone you go up to the top right corner and press the three dots and enter "new tab" then into the postimage website and upload of a picture from your gallery on your phone to the website. Then when it says upload complete. Go down the list underneath the picture of links and I click onto the direct link tab and it says link copied. Then I come back over to my first tab which is boards where I'm posting a message. Move down a space and press the blue dot and the copied link is posted in the message and then wrap img tags around that link to embed the picture.

20180113-193633.jpg

Go yourself and click reply to this message to see the img tags wrapped around the link. But don't actually post a reply not unless you really want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Press legency and nothing happens. No paperclip icon. Just changed few days ago.

You'll have to close all boards tabs and clear cookies. I can talk you through it on Chrome but it's fairly similar on all operating systems I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Yeah l couldn't click into chitchat thread there last week. Every other thread worked. Deleted cookies off phone and it working now no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭valtra2

You'll have to close all boards tabs and clear cookies. I can talk you through it on Chrome but it's fairly similar on all operating systems I think?
    Done that still no joy. All I have is flag thank or " in the posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Done that still no joy. All I have is flag thank or " in the posts.

You might have to do it two or three times. I had to do it 3 times and then google boards and sign in again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I would like 10 of these calves please!

D84Cil8XYAIzSE3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

I would like 10 of these calves please!

D84Cil8XYAIzSE3.jpg
    wouldn't we all, nice calf what's he by?

High bike wrote: »
    wouldn't we all, nice calf what's he by?

He's the big JKS calf that was born about 2 1/2 months ago. By the time he reaches a creep feeder he should be doing well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

He's the big JKS calf that was born about 2 1/2 months ago. By the time he reaches a creep feeder he should be doing well!

Strange colours for a BB
    Fine calf
    Are you aiming for the show & sale or the winter fair with him?

Strange colours for a BB
    Fine calf
    Are you aiming for the show & sale or the winter fair with him?

Simmental on the mother's side comes through in every calf she has. I dunno, wouldn't put him as a show calf myself, plod of a walk to him too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Simmental on the mother's side comes through in every calf she has. I dunno, wouldn't put him as a show calf myself, plod of a walk to him too!
    In Carrigallen BB do well at show and sale, can be hit & miss rest of year

In Carrigallen BB do well at show and sale, can be hit & miss rest of year

Yea I've noticed that! Hard to know what to do until he hits meal & see how he goes on. Have an inkling he could get bellyish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Grueller

The bull didn't do that alone. Mammy is a serious looking outfit too.

Grueller wrote: »

Mammy is served to ch this year, give her an easier calf at 14 if she makes it! She's no major looker, low & wide, yet still herd leader at her age. Quiet & follows a bucket and brings the rest so what more could a farmer want :D

Grueller wrote: »

That's not mammy in the photo btw, that's the teenage pregnancy Salers. Going to be a nice girl once she hits maturity. Could be cutting teeth at the moment as she's a bit skinny, can see it on her neck.

That's not mammy in the photo btw, that's the teenage pregnancy Salers. Going to be a nice girl once she hits maturity. Could be cutting teeth at the moment as she's a bit skinny, can see it on her neck.

Lovely heifer. Charolais for her when she is a saler.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭Base price

A triskele of SHx heifers that I bought in from a dairy farmer friend :)

Edit: I didn't realise the pic was landscape. Maybe one of the Mods can flip it the right way up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Had to google Triskele. :D

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Had to google Triskele. :D

Me too! Everyday's a school day.

This popped up on Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

This popped up on Twitter.

My French is not good enough but clearly those people need to visit the "head" doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Sending off 16 bullocks. Just waiting for the lorry. Brought in off grass 30 mins ago and separated them.

Sending off 16 bullocks. Just waiting for the lorry. Brought in off grass 30 mins ago and separated them.

Fine stock. Best of luck with the few Bob out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

The brown bullock in the last photo is a lovely animal. Very best of luck with them, they are fine animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

26th of March on the left and 12th of April on the right. Some thrivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

26th of March on the left and 12th of April on the right. Some thrivers.

That bull was worth’s lot to you, great calves, how’s that big grey lad from ye start

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

That bull was worth’s lot to you, great calves, how’s that big grey lad from ye start

He's very muscley. Fine calf but the colour takes from him a bit. Must try get them started on it bit of meal in the next fortnight. They are leaving the limousin calves for dead thrive wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Putting out some cattle and their calves this week. I am a bit meet about them sporting through a fence before they get settled - happened once before, sported down the field straight over/under/through a fence.
    Alongside a main road, so got reason for concern.
    The cows should be grand, just way about their calves, mostly 2- 3 months old.

Got caught this year so they are in longer then they should have been.

Any tricks for getting them out and settled without a disaster?

Putting out some cattle and their calves this week. I am a bit meet about them sporting through a fence before they get settled - happened once before, sported down the field straight over/under/through a fence.
    Alongside a main road, so got reason for concern.
    The cows should be grand, just way about their calves, mostly 2- 3 months old.

Got caught this year so they are in longer then they should have been.

Any tricks for getting them out and settled without a disaster?

Let a few out at a time and let them get tired and settle. Let a few more out then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Restrict fodder preferably the night before and let them out early in the morning. I always try to have stock hungry at turnout so they start grazing instead of running amok. It takes a few hours for them to fill themselves upon which time the novelty of freedom has wore off and they usually stay put. I'd advise only turning out on days your at or near home, you can keep an eye on them and react accordingly.

Advertisement