Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

1st of December and still able to do the herding from the jeep, unthinkable in a normal year!

It's brilliant weather so far . I'd go so far as to say that today is actually a growthy type of day here .
    Hopefully we won't pay for it in spring time when we want it more though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

towzer2010 wrote: »
    Creaga dice is a shorthorn and isn't available any more I think.
    He is a shorthorn yes and I've managed to tangle a couple of straws.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭mf240

ipHI42ocj

f0w5GxWmj

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

mf240 wrote: »
    f0w5GxWmj

You must be under quota when you're even trying to get a drop out of him !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

mf240 wrote: »
    ipHI42ocj

That fella reckons he's a wolf or something

Reggie. wrote: »
    That fella reckons he's a wolf or something

He was eating an ivy bush that was growing in the top of the wall. He fell off shortly afterwards:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Just a pic from my time in Germany many moons ago, for those of you with a machinery addiction

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Just a pic from my time in Germany many moons ago, for those of you with a machinery addiction

Mmmm....fendt!! Drove one once, like a space ship with all the buttons and the joystick, I was as happy as a pig in sh1t inside in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭leoch

Tell us more darragh did U spend long over there is that wat U were working at or is it just a photo taken while passing bye

• Advertisement

leoch wrote: »
    Tell us more darragh did U spend long over there is that wat U were working at or is it just a photo taken while passing bye

i was working in Germany end 2010/start 2011 for the AD company i'm still working with, worked on the Maize harvest on the weekends that any farmer or contrator needed help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Do you think the blade is a better system on the pit than an industrial loader?

Do you think the blade is a better system on the pit than an industrial loader?

When i saw it first i thought it would be a balls of a job, but after using it i'd definatly go for the Blade.

Heres a pic of a fendt favoutite with a snow plough blade on my companies own Ad plant.
    and the Deutz on the pit with a O&K Loader

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

When i saw it first i thought it would be a balls of a job, but after using it i'd definatly go for the Blade.

Heres a pic of a fendt favoutite with a snow plough blade on my companies own Ad plant.
    and the Deutz on the pit with a O&K Loader

only really an option for maize tho isnt it? cant imagine it would be much use for grass?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

The new boss man around here. 16 months old by DRU

He looks to have quite an opinion of himself!!

These lads are for the factory in Jan. Getting 4.5kg of beef nut per day. Hopefully a base of €4/kg in Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

I'm no expert on finishing cattle but 4.5 kgs per day doesn't seem like a lot for animals within a month or two of killing?

tanko wrote: »
    I'm no expert on finishing cattle but 4.5 kgs per day doesn't seem like a lot for animals within a month or two of killing?

They'd be over fat in the 3rd week of January if we gave much more. On very good silage also

They'd be over fat in the 3rd week of January if we gave much more. On very good silage also

Fair enough, what kind of carcase weights and grades would you be hoping for?

A few weans VIqpibQ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

A few weans

Fine stock. No matter what the enterprise ye have to admire good stock and effort put into them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

The scut of a ch looks out of place :D

Kovu wrote: »

Don't worry, I'm going to dye her red;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

Kovu wrote: »

Prob the best of the lot

naughto wrote: »
    Prob the best of the lot

I can't take the credit for her:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Robson99

I would be feeding them 10kg. . They don't look fat and it would take a while on 4 r 5 kg for contenintals to get fat.
    Have a batch of contenintal heifers on 7.5kg day and they weigh 680 - 700kg. Will up to 10kg in a fortnights time and will kill mid Jan. On ad lib silage as well. Hopefully base of € 4 plus at that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

I can't take the credit for her:)

Don't mind them, she's not that bad. Would you take 825 for her?

Don't mind them, she's not that bad. Would you take 825 for her?

Ah now, you offered more for her a few weeks ago;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Ah now, you offered more for her a few weeks ago;)

I'm running out of funds with the build up to Christmas. A heifer like that would turn inside out on the good land in Offaly. 850 and a shake of luck will buy her?

• Advertisement

I'm running out of funds with the build up to Christmas. A heifer like that would turn inside out on the good land in Offaly. 850 and a shake of luck will buy her?

If you think it's bad here you should see where she came from:D

Advertisement