Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭naughto

Mutton dressed as lamb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Pic stolen from twitter. Brazil do things bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

View from the calving camera

AC84203C-27F1-4AF1-AABD-D04EF6B23510_zpsnynn7wh4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

RobinBanks wrote: »
    View from the calving camera

AC84203C-27F1-4AF1-AABD-D04EF6B23510_zpsnynn7wh4.jpg
    Serious looking calf, ch x bb??

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

Serious looking calf, ch x bb??

Blonde out of blue heifer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

serious hips! much of a pull?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,438 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

serious hips! much of a pull?

Thinking the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Savage looking length too.

I don't know how to tell them but it's the last supper for these guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

I don't know how to tell them but it's the last supper for these guys!

Any ham ?

• Advertisement

I said wrote: »
    Any ham ?

No might do sum during the year as an experiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

No might do sum during the year as an experiment.
    how many turkeys do you have , do you kill them yourself? Have 2 pigs here, local lad who owns a restaurant arrived down yesterday with 30 boxes of mc cains wedges /chips/ potatoes that are out of date for the pigs. They dont like the spicy wedges

whelan2 wrote: »
    how many turkeys do you have , do you kill them yourself? Have 2 pigs here, local lad who owns a restaurant arrived down yesterday with 30 boxes of mc cains wedges /chips/ potatoes that are out of date for the pigs. They dont like the spicy wedges

We do about 30 a year. Killed them ourselves a few years ago but now a local butcher takes them all and kills them himself much easier let the pro at it. I love the taste of home birds far superior to shop birds.

I have half an AC with sheep wire and a shed would this be ok for pigs or would I nearly need a block wall to keep them in?

Bought a home pig a few years ago that was feed cider apples. The tastiest pork iv ever had!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Kovu's. A Kovu everywhere :D

dO2nCaBl.jpg

We do about 30 a year. Killed them ourselves a few years ago but now a local butcher takes them all and kills them himself much easier let the pro at it. I love the taste of home birds far superior to shop birds.

I have half an AC with sheep wire and a shed would this be ok for pigs or would I nearly need a block wall to keep them in?

Bought a home pig a few years ago that was feed cider apples. The tastiest pork iv ever had!
    we got ours for free as they kept breaking out, they are in a yard/shed . Lad who had them before had electric fence to keep them in but they ignored it.We used to have turkeys too but was too much work at christmas killing them and cleaning them out, money came in handy though

we got ours for free as they kept breaking out, they are in a yard/shed . Lad who had them before had electric fence to keep them in but they ignored it.We used to have turkeys too but was too much work at christmas killing them and cleaning them out, money came in handy though

Might convert cubicle shed to a piggy shed over summer for the crack so, bit of a gra for doing sum of our own food here just an intrest.

Might convert cubicle shed to a piggy shed over summer for the crack so, bit of a gra for doing sum of our own food here just an intrest.
    Friend has 300 turkeys loads them into cattle lorry and brings them to meat factory gets them back plucked and all

Friend has 300 turkeys loads them into cattle lorry and brings them to meat factory gets them back plucked and all

;)

Reggie. wrote: »
    ;)
    is he your friend too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

Must remember this, for when I get stuck again;

ripped many a valve off when doing it, you need a pull when doing it though , if tractors swings as well as front lifting you could end up on one side,its not really suitable for modern cabs and mudguards though, used prefer to put hook of chain into rim and ring on hitch of anther tractor and use diff lock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

sandydan wrote: »
    ripped many a valve off when doing it, you need a pull when doing it though , if tractors swings as well as front lifting you could end up on one side,its not really suitable for modern cabs and mudguards though, used prefer to put hook of chain into rim and ring on hitch of anther tractor and use diff lock.

Saw another version of that years ago. The timber was chained lenght ways in front of the wheel and you drove up onto it and over it. You then took off the timber and replaced it in front and did the same again if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

Saw another version of that years ago. The timber was chained lenght ways in front of the wheel and you drove up onto it and over it. You then took off the timber and replaced it in front and did the same again if needed

Have seen that done with a sleeper, works well, tho one lad did'nt understand the principle of it and let up the clutch and bent the mud guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

The queen and her castle :)

yCi0Wqml.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

Santa just came.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

My God that calf is half reared!!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

Muckit wrote: »
    My God that calf is half reared!!

He is big enough alright but surprisingly lively for a charolais. Was up sucking within minutes. And a greedy calf as well. Mad for tit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

dh1985 wrote: »
    Santa just came.

Do any if you take beestibg from cow and give to calf. Neighbor started doing it last two yr and he said it made an unreal difference. No sick calves or any mortality.

Do any if you take beestibg from cow and give to calf. Neighbor started doing it last two yr and he said it made an unreal difference. No sick calves or any mortality.

We always draw a litre or so before she calves so the calf can be bottle feed straight away

dh1985 wrote: »
    He is big enough alright but surprisingly lively for a charolais. Was up sucking within minutes. And a greedy calf as well. Mad for tit.

What was the pull like...surely a jack was needed

• Advertisement

is he your friend too?

He is now

Advertisement