Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭porter shark

A course of tylovet t cover d risk of joint ill and a shot of vitesel. Get it off vets secretary, u have all d advice u need without paying him for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

Lovely pair. Is the cow a sim from a blue cow or vice versa?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Midlandsman80

RobinBanks wrote: »
    Lovely pair. Is the cow a sim from a blue cow or vice versa?
    PB hillcrest Sim cow and Blue bull (Gitan AI),
    she cost 500 as a 2 month old calf, can't remember exactly but cow was a big age, 14+, he was not intending putting Her in claf but came bulling when AI man was there so gave her another go, she had mastitis so was feeding her and selling calf.
    she looks to have v.good milk now so considering giving Her Sexed female LIM for next time around

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

RobinBanks wrote: »
    He was on the antibiotic for 5 days.

How's the calf looking now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,253 ✭✭✭tanko

These two went for the chop last week. Lm (OZS) x CH bull 20 months old and 6 yr old Lm (highlander) x AA cow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

tanko wrote: »
    These two went for the chop last week. Lm (OZS) x CH bull 20 months old and 6 yr old Lm (highlander) x AA cow.

How'd you fair out?

Bull U- 3= 390kgs 410c/kg, €1599. Cow R= 4+ 395kgs 370c/kg €1461.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭AP2014

Jaysus tanko is that trailer backed up to load them up or acting as the extra piece of that gate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Bull U- 3= 390kgs 410c/kg, €1599. Cow R= 4+ 395kgs 370c/kg €1461.
    Well done, did you bring the 2 yourself or do you deal with an agent?

Farrell wrote: »
    Well done, did you bring the 2 yourself or do you deal with an agent?

Went through an agent.

• Advertisement

Went through an agent.

Thanks, have 2 myself & was wondering what others do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭adne

In two minds, should i sell this lad now while trade is good or feed him for another 6 weeks.
    He is a June 14 ADX weanling.

DDIgroil.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

A bird in the hand.............

• Registered Users Posts: 24,438 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

adne wrote: »
    In two minds, should i sell this lad now while trade is good or feed him for another 6 weeks.
    He is a June 14 ADX weanling.

DDIgroil.jpg
    Well I'm in the same boat with two may 13 AAX bullocks. Gonna ship them to tullamore mart on Thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

Great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

How's the calf looking now?

The vet gave me noraclav and an anti inflammatory on sat morn. His legs don't look to be as bent as they were but his knees still look a bit bigger than other calves in with him. I don't think he is to bad

10 day old bull doing well, both totally settled, cow is so quite, can pet the calf while suckling

GYHxhp.jpg

10 day old bull doing well, both totally settled, cow is so quite, can pet the calf while suckling

GYHxhp.jpg
    Nice outfit, good luck with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

2nd calver.. Was up and sucked this evening when I came home .. 282 days can't beat the BB for short gestation

photo_zps00bbf2a1.jpg

Very nice. What's the breeding there Bod?

• Advertisement

Very nice. What's the breeding there Bod?

Heifer herself I bred from lim cow and BYU BB... Bull calf is by ADX bull I had round there for heifers early last year and I let him bull this one as he was handy and was only hung to give her ADX AI anyway :-)

" 2nd calver.. Was up and sucked this evening when I came home .. 282 days can't beat the BB for short gestation"

How long did she carry for her first calving Bod and what did she calve first time around?
    yours carried a full 2 weeks less than my BBX 1st calver, hope next time around she pulls back 1 week +

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Bodacious wrote: »
    2nd calver.. Was up and sucked this evening when I came home .. 282 days can't beat the BB for short gestation

photo_zps00bbf2a1.jpg

This calf looks like it has just seen something terrible :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

This calf looks like it has just seen something terrible :D

Or WTF am I doing out here, it was way warmer inside!

" 2nd calver.. Was up and sucked this evening when I came home .. 282 days can't beat the BB for short gestation"

How long did she carry for her first calving Bod and what did she calve first time around?
    yours carried a full 2 weeks less than my BBX 1st calver, hope next time around she pulls back 1 week +

280 days to ahz ai lim last year as a heifer, 2 bull calves in 360 days! she alright with me that lady!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Bodacious wrote: »
    280 days to ahz ai lim last year as a heifer, 2 bull calves in 360 days! she alright with me that lady!!

Clone her immediately :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

2nd calver I ai'd for the girlfriends father last year, dropped a lovely little dru heifer the other day. All I have to do now is convince him to sell her to me as a weanling :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Bought a dru bull for this year, I hope he drops calves like that. What a back drop to the photo very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Bought a dru bull for this year, I hope he drops calves like that. What a back drop to the photo very nice.

She won't be wanting for milk anyway, I was a bit surprised she came red though, was expecting a dirty brown colour. That's the heart of the burren down there, cow hasnt seen silage, hay or a nut of any description this winter. Wish the winterages up my way were as good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

She won't be wanting for milk anyway, I was a bit surprised she came red though, was expecting a dirty brown colour. That's the heart of the burren down there, cow hasnt seen silage, hay or a nut of any description this winter. Wish the winterages up my way were as good.

She is the healthiest looking cow I've seen in awhile , buy her aswell if he's selling

Advertisement