Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

The white ch has serious tree trunks under her though Muckit. Bit more maturity and you'd hope she sprouts outwards instead of upwards. Was she a similar price to the others?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Very nice stock Muckit, the lim do take a few extra weeks but will do as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Had a second calver calved this morning and she had an awful small little heifer. Was a small bit on the thin side aswell and I was thinking twins so I spent a half an hour searching around the field before I found this little lady hiding in the bushes. Cow had no interest in the world in her so into the shed and she lumped back 2 litres of beastings out of the bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Good stockmanship there Limestone, there's the benefit of knowing your cattle instead of looking out the Jeep at them once or twice a week ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

Had a second calver calved this morning and she had an awful small little heifer. Was a small bit on the thin side aswell and I was thinking twins so I spent a half an hour searching around the field before I found this little lady hiding in the bushes. Cow had no interest in the world in her so into the shed and she lumped back 2 litres of beastings out of the bottle.
    Fair play. Will you try and get both back under her. A few dairy nuts should help keep the milk coming.

• Advertisement

Fair play. Will you try and get both back under her. A few dairy nuts should help keep the milk coming.

I'd doubt it, she won't have enough for the 2 of them anyway. Have a few black whiteheads with plenty, might double suck them for a while.

Last one calved nice little heifer and out the door and 3 bulling today, think I'll have a pint later.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Last one calved nice little heifer and out the door and 3 bulling today, think I'll have a pint later.

Plenty of milk in that one

Wouldn't you know well it's a bull before you ever lifted its tail, typical! BE5DD0CF-2F93-4AB4-96E7-279E3E926344_zpsfdhgdprw.jpg

Wouldn't you know well it's a bull before you ever lifted its tail, typical! BE5DD0CF-2F93-4AB4-96E7-279E3E926344_zpsfdhgdprw.jpg
    Nice. I'll give ya €50 for him :D

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »
    Nice. I'll give ya €50 for him :D

How generous of you :)

How generous of you :)

Ya won't get a better deal boss....I'm actually doing ya a favour taking him off your hands :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Robson99

Muckit wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed the white CH a harder animal to finish? They need plenty of time. Now that one one in the photo ain't up to much anyways. She'II never grow frame like the others. I thought the golden CH X LM were a good animal but now thinking CH X SIM are a step ahead.

I find White CH are much harder to finish also Muckit. So much so that I got out of buying them. They need to be left till they are 30 months. Same with Saler x CH.
    We find LIM good to grade but don't seem to have the carcass wt of the CH x LIM . Majority of the CH x LIM we kill usually kill out over 400kg carcass wt at 24 months.
    Blonde x CH are also very good. Killed one recently 24mths old, 470 carcass and Graded E
    Nice bunch of heifers you have there

Had this fine lump of a heifer to greet me this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

Had this fine lump of a heifer to greet me this morning!

Big calf! What's the breeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

RobinBanks wrote: »
    Big calf! What's the breeding.

At a guess LM I say

At a guess LM I say

Lim indeed, out of the stock bull.

One of my favourite jobs,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

looks nice and dry too

Go on my son

• Advertisement

Go on my son

I don't clame to be good at it but it's a nice satisfying job,

I don't clame to be good at it but it's a nice satisfying job,

No smoke no poke :D

No smoke no poke :D

Lucky he driving a deere so!! ;)

Lucky he driving a deere so!! ;)

Your good! I was ashamed to show the green!

I knew the handle on the back window when I seen it. Spent long enough sitting inside in them!

As you should be :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

I went for a walk lastnight and I could hear the snoring and took pic with headlight

photo1_zpsf1855644.jpg

Bodacious wrote: »
    I went for a walk lastnight and I could hear the snoring and took pic with headlight

photo1_zpsf1855644.jpg

I'm tired just looking at that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

Cute pic from the local rag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Bodacious wrote: »

photo1_zpsf1855644.jpg

Its like a creche ! Think will the cowscome bulling any easierwhen the calves leave them alone for the night ?

Advertisement