Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

tanko wrote: »
    On-Dit twin Bulls, 5 weeks old. Pirate x BWH cow. Anyone any idea what the grey lad is worth?

God that's a fine calf the creamy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

RobinBanks wrote: »
    God that's a fine calf the creamy one.

He was very weak when he was born so I'm just glad he's still alive. I'm thinking about selling him soon, the cow hasn't really enough milk for two. According to ICBF shes a two star cow.

Week old QCD bull off NSQ cow. She carried 300 days, fair pull with the Jack to get him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Week old QCD bull off NSQ cow. She carried 300 days, fair pull with the Jack to get him out.

Your trusty trailer survived the winter looking well. Can't beat those native trailers for hardiness :D

Kovu wrote: »
    Your trusty trailer survived the winter looking well. Can't beat those native trailers for hardiness :D

That's not the trailer you're thinking of. That aul yoke hasn't seen any action for a long long time, wouldn't think the floor would take much weight now:D

• Advertisement

That's not the trailer you're thinking of. That aul yoke hasn't seen any action for a long long time, wouldn't think the floor would take much weight now:D

Ah no, that's the one I know best because it's been in most of your photos here :P

Big lad at 5am this morning off ERE.

5BNBzEJl.jpg

JRyiliZl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Kovu wrote: »
    Big lad at 5am this morning

Often had a big lad myself at 5am:eek:

:pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

That Marriage Referendum thread is going to your head.
    :D

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

And taken care of it by 5.01am ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

At your age Genghis I'd say it's more of a piss horn than anything else !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

greysides wrote: »
    That Marriage Referendum thread is going to your head.
    :D
    just do it wrote: »
    And taken care of it by 5.01am ;):)

Bullocks wrote: »
    At your age Genghis I'd say it's more of a piss horn than anything else !

Arn't ye right funny buckos............. I won't complain......... If you couldn't laugh you'd be crying!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

Following on from the FCC post; I'm not going to wonder how she got him out the normal way, the main point is, she did :)
    FGG ch.

cyrmCxVl.jpg

That's some calf, fair play to that cow. According to icbf FGG is only a two star bull across breeds on the terminal index. You wouldn't be able to use him on more than 20% of your cows next year. Navarin doesn't qualify either.

That's some calf, fair play to that cow. According to icbf FGG is only a two star bull across breeds on the terminal index. You wouldn't be able to use him on more than 20% of your cows next year. Navarin doesn't qualify either.

Good cow, she'll be getting a lock of nuts later for her efforts!
    I know, I'll be signing up to herdplus next week to have a gander at the stars and see which cows are highest to take replacements off, bloody thing, ther'll be a shortage of ai 5* straws I bet, I may order some of the nicer ones now to have on hold for summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

sorry to jump it on thread, are you using a bullock, re for heat detection?? it work ok.. debating here--re where use 1 or not..use all AI.. can be hard to get...

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nettleman

wiggy123 wrote: »
    sorry to jump it on thread, are you using a bullock, re for heat detection?? it work ok.. debating here--re where use 1 or not..use all AI.. can be hard to get...

I always squeeze a few calves to run as teasers the following year with cows...have put on heat detectors this year for first time, nothing showing yet Ambic alerts-anybody know if these are any good?

I run all pedigree herd,, so nought gets squeezed...
    never heard of them...say others did..
    I use tail paint just..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,605 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I run all pedigree herd,, so nought gets squeezed...
    never heard of them...say others did..
    I use tail paint just..
    would the young bull calves not be sniffing after any that are in heat?

ah they do--but at 3/4 mths..still to young...or lazy

Yep I bought him off of a friend , I had squeezed him myself few months back .. 11 month old Shorthorn X AA .. Not fancy but he doing the trick .. Another there today !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

These girls are glad to be out for good..
    photo.jpg

You need a longer trough, Brian.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

_Brian wrote: »
    These girls are glad to be out for good..
    photo.jpg

Nice stock, will you finish them yourself?

Barely 13 months an apz yearling bullock .. SIMM have some growth rates, not surprised boys use sim bulls to finish @ 16 mts

photo_zpsb245f01e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

You need a longer trough, Brian.:D

Ah them cavan lads would expect them cattle to take turns at the trough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Ahh, the trough is so they do the walking and not me, 2kg meal etween them every second day.

We won't finish them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Not feeding like that you won't! :D

Advertisement