Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Muckit wrote: »
    Not feeding like that you won't! :D

Reminds me of a story from a few years ago about a fella going off feeding 30 cows with a half a bucket of nuts. His elderly neighbour told everyone he met he was giving them a nut each :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

then
    345876.jpg
    and now
    nG99oDtl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭patjack

Reminds me of a story from a few years ago about a fella going off feeding 30 cows with a half a bucket of nuts. His elderly neighbour told everyone he met he was giving them a nut each :D

I do that :o As in always carry a few nuts in the boot, now and again when herding throw a handful of nuts to them. Especially coming up to a time near testing or dosing.

Makes it a bit easier get them in, and doesn't cost too much. Different if he was going with his half bucket of nuts in the depths of Winter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Replacement heifers for Autumn 16 :)
    5HQjm7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

just do it wrote: »
    5HQjm7.jpg

Now There's my kinda heifers - lovely JDI. Stick up a pic of that red one to I get a proper look at her.
    What way is she bred?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭welton john

Now There's my kinda heifers - lovely JDI. Stick up a pic of that red one to I get a proper look at her.
    What way is she bred?

just about to ask the same, that red one looks a beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Super heifers there jdi. The Blonde coloured one catches my eye. She's the image of a real good cow we have, a Ba X Ch. How's your one bred?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Super stock there JDI!! You can breed them.

Busy day here. Work and a football blitz getting in the way of boards;). I'll get breeding up shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Busy day here. Work and a football blitz getting in the way of boards;). I'll get breeding up shortly
    lovely stock,what age are they?

• Advertisement

5HQjm7.jpg

CH heifer born 3/11/14, by FSZ. Her dam is by OMA out of a good milky LMX cow. The great grandma was a good SIM cow.
    LM heifer born 1/10/14 by FTY. 3rd generation AI with granddad FL22 and great granddad HKG. Again the great grandmother was a solid milky LMX cow.

May their dams produce heifers again this autumn ;)

What way is she bred?

6tQ2AR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

6tQ2AR.jpg
    crackin heifers for their age,when will u bull them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

JD, is that red heifer quiet? Just wondering what way FTY is breeding, as Cerberus breeds wild enough cattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

The grey lad is worth €500 apparently:). Not bad for a two star cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭ALANC81

JD, is that red heifer quiet? Just wondering what way FTY is breeding, as Cerberus breeds wild enough cattle.

We have a few here by fty and two of them will come for a scratch and the other 1 will let you scratch him when you move slow. He is breeding very well we used him on a cow and two heifers the other day.

Half twin limousine heifer out of the stock bull and a limousin cow.

ALANC81 wrote: »
    We have a few here by fty and two of them will come for a scratch and the other 1 will let you scratch him when you move slow. He is breeding very well we used him on a cow and two heifers the other day.
    Same as that, was able to lay a hand, albeit briefly, on her the other day. Always try to lay a hand on some of them when checking them. Over time they get used to it.

High bike wrote: »
    crackin heifers for their age,when will u bull them?

They've good growth rates so aim to calve at 24m

Just to add calves were getting feed in the creep area from Feb 1st, probably around 0.8kg/hd. Got to keep them growing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭furandfeather

Bred this lad back in 08. The man that bought him was changing so I ended up buying him back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

Had this lady's dam in for Ai tonight and wondering what to give her..

Gurka heifer calf born easily and growing like hell .. Nicely marked if Gurka is supposed to be good for replacements

photo_zps8fcec684.jpg

photo_zps37ec9e95.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Bred this lad back in 08. The man that bought him was changing so I ended up buying him back

Holy jaysus! That's a great set of........legs under him ;)

He's a fine looking bull, what's his breeding?

Bodacious wrote: »
    Had this lady's dam in for Ai tonight and wondering what to give her..

Gurka heifer calf born easily and growing like hell .. Nicely marked if Gurka is supposed to be good for replacements
    ]

What did you give her? Another one line that and you'd be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I love to see a bull in his working clothes. He is a fine bull with length which is so important and often overlooked in favour of a big end.

He's a fine looking bull, what's his breeding?

Cheers. He's by raceview king and a hillcrest champion dam.

Base price wrote: »
    I love to see a bull in his working clothes. He is a fine bull with length which is so important and often overlooked in favour of a big end.

Ya he's a good long bull alright. Saw some great calves of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Delighted with the thrive on this lad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

I said wrote: »
    Delighted with the thrive on this lad

How old is he?

Advertisement