Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread TAKE #2 ::::RULES IN 1st POST::::

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Reggie. wrote: »
    What about a wink ;)

You happy? First lad done well for ya and weighed well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

No have replacements to purchase

Feck that , any stock i sell I'd usually have a night of beer or if I get home first I'd bring the family out for a dinner . If there isn't enough left for replacements then they're not worth replacing

I wonder will I get a patent for bait boxes?? Thats me ready for bb audit in morning. Let him find something if he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

You happy? First lad done well for ya and weighed well.

Yes and no. But disappointed with the second fella but the market wasn't there for him but I made over €2 a kg average which is my own personal goal

Yes and no. But disappointed with the second fella but the market wasn't there for him but I made over €2 a kg average which is my own personal goal

If you sold them in July with the others you'd have done as good if not better. Massive difference in two mts.

• Advertisement

If you sold them in July with the others you'd have done as good if not better. Massive difference in two mts.

Maybe the larger one but the WH needed a bit longer

Maybe the larger one but the WH needed a bit longer

No harm. Hex seem to sell better over 450kg. nice cattle to work with hardy thrive well, and respond well to a bit extra feeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭ALANC81

Lovely big calf born Sunday.
    A 55kg TVR heifer out of a big Nenafur cow.
    She would have calved on her own but when we saw the calf we helped with a slight pull.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Last calf of the year just a week old now, going to be a cracker yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Feckthis

STQ calf.

How old is the calf?.Have a STQ calf born here the weekend. From a Angus cow. It's Fully black in colour?? I'm now wondering did something else mount her 9 months ago hmmm.
    Will throw up a picture tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

Feckthis wrote: »
    How old is the calf?.Have a STQ calf born here the weekend. From a Angus cow. It's Fully black in colour?? I'm now wondering did something else mount her 9 months ago hmmm.

It wouldn't be unusual for a BB calf to be black off an Angus cow. Does the calf look like a blue and match up with the Ai date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Feckthis

tanko wrote: »
    It wouldn't be unusual for a BB calf to be black off an Angus cow. Does the calf look like a blue and match up with the Ai date?

Yeah it matchs the AI Date alright. Small kinda stumpy calf. Dosent have much shape to it but give it a couple of weeks could be different. Have another calved a DBZ calf and it's a fine calf with the BB colours. She calved fine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭welton john

Feckthis wrote: »

Had 3 stq's off ho/fr cows this year and all came black ,open to correction but think you need fully white bull to bring blue/white from aa and fr . stq will shape up too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

a blue bull will give a black or blue calf from a FR. A white bull will give a blue calf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Had 3 stq's off ho/fr cows this year and all came black ,open to correction but think you need fully white bull to bring blue/white from aa and fr . stq will shape up too
    how did you find STQ for calving any problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Last calf of the year just a week old now, going to be a cracker yet.

is she off your stock bull? And what is he out of . She will make a serious heiferalright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

is she off your stock bull? And what is he out of . She will make a serious heiferalright

Ya she is, He's by Ionesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭welton john

High bike wrote: »
    how did you find STQ for calving any problems?

No problem with him, used on easily calved cows , makes all the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,815 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Som pics from the ploughing;

A Creep gate made by Gibney-
    A clever forcing pen with 2 gates sliding on each other (also Gibney, I think)

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

A hydraulic Head Scoop (Connaught Agri)-

• Advertisement

Same Tractor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Som pics from the ploughing;

A Creep gate made by Gibney-
    A clever forcing pen with 2 gates sliding on each other (also Gibney, I think)

Did you see the sheep creep gate, sadly don't think can be adjusted for calves

Farrell wrote: »
    Did you see the sheep creep gate, sadly don't think can be adjusted for calves

Yeah. I pulled the lever and the bars all fell out :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Yeah. I pulled the lever and the bars all fell out :o

Typical you, & Probably ran away

Farrell wrote: »
    Typical you, & Probably ran away

No I put them back......then ran away :)

No I put them back......then ran away :)

You probably just put it back together to help you understand how it goes when you're making your own one :P

Bullocks wrote: »
    You probably just put it back together to help you understand how it goes when you're making your own one :P

How dare you sir :P

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 260 ✭✭Jimlh86

Both calves born one week apart 8 months ago. For all the giving out there isn't that huge a difference between the dairy cross and Ch! For the initial money of course

No more than myself I see you bring the chainsaw with you when you're putting up the fence !
    I would say that's a very beefy looking and well marked hereford if it's out of a fr and the charlaois would be an average charlaois from a suckler (no offence at all meant ) .
    You could have a thinner more rangy looking hereford out of a fr usually nowadays and alot of charlaois might be a bit more stylish

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 260 ✭✭Jimlh86

Bullocks wrote: »
    No more than myself I see you bring the chainsaw with you when you're putting up the fence !
    I would say that's a very beefy looking and well marked hereford if it's out of a fr and the charlaois would be an average charlaois from a suckler (no offence at all meant ) .
    You could have a thinner more rangy looking hereford out of a fr usually nowadays and alot of charlaois might be a bit more stylish

It's the only job saves a lot if time! Neither of them are mine unfortuantely they're the fathers! I have just been given out to the white lad is a month younger! We never had a fr around the place until we got the girl in the pic.. I think for a part time lad theirs a lot to be said for them. They're quiet, easy handled and from what I've seen will take a second calf for ya

Advertisement